Yes, I am taking a big step back in connections. But, I would like to know how would I set up a null cable connection in linux. Both pcs are running linux. 14.04LTS on server, and Mageia on other.

I was thinking that if the players can connect with the ethernet, and me being owner of the shard, I should maybe have a more direct connection to it.

I am using razor to connect.

Last edited:
Google crossover cable several on ebay for around a buck if you can wait for china mail . as for the settings to use check this out http://askubuntu.com/questions/58161/connect-ubuntu-to-other-pc-with-direct-crossover-cable . easier way is to just get a router and instead of a web addy put the url on the lan for your server in razor 198.168.0.25 as an example " what mine is set too on my locale setup . If you have the tools you can make a crossover cable ton's of sites that have the wire pattern for it .

I read somewhere you could connect two computer via the parallel port, printer connection. I have an old cable that I used to connect the two pcs. Now, how do I set up a connection in my socket.cs script? Or is it somewhere else?

Back