ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Hi Guys,

Trying to setup a servUO server after atleast a decade of playing with runUO.. for some reason I can't get my public IP into the 'listening IP list' it's just my local IP that's a listening IP - eventhough my public IP is being 'auto detected' (I've just removed my public IP in text)

I've been trying to add my public IP in the config file aswell as the serverlist.cs but neither work.

Has anyone solved this? I've been searching the forum for a few hours but can't find any answers. Using servUO 57.1

Thanks in advance!

ServerList: Auto-detecting public IP address...
ServerList: >>> services.servuo.com
ServerList: >>> api.ipify.org
ServerList: <<< [public IP]
ServerList: Done: [public IP]
Restricting classic client version to 7.0.94.2. Action to be taken: LenientKick
Restricting enhanced client version to 67.0.59.0 SA. Action to be taken: Kick
[Honesty]: Generating...
[Honesty]: Generation completed in 0,00 seconds.
Listening: 192.168.1.89:2593
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593

It's also listening on 192.168.1.89 which is your local network ip - you have to set up port forwarding in your router to forward TCP on port 2593 to that internal network ip - then your public ip will allow people to connect.

It's also listening on 192.168.1.89 which is your local network ip - you have to set up port forwarding in your router to forward TCP on port 2593 to that internal network ip - then your public ip will allow people to connect.
Thanks for the quick reply, I've forwarded the port in my router. Also the server is in DMZ

If people still can't connect, you may have to add an in-bound firewall exception to windows defender for port 2593.

If people still can't connect, you may have to add an in-bound firewall exception to windows defender for port 2593.
I have, firewall is turned off too. But shouldn't my public IP be listed as a listening IP, like my local IP?

No, ServUO resolves your public IP is so it can figure out which internal network ip it's linked to, then it listens on that.
When players connect, the server list part of the login uses your resolved public ip when the inbound connection is remote.

If you have no firewall and port forwarding is turned on, then people should be connecting fine.
I don't know how your router's DMZ settings will affect the traffic either.

If you haven't soft-reset your router since you enabled port forwarding, you may have to.

For some reason it works with DMZ on, and not with DMZ off,, I think it might have needed some time to sync or something.. works now thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Back