IIRC, the enslaved goblins are in the southeastern part of the abyss near the river of lava, but the regular ones are in the northwest and northeast sections of Underworld.

I can't get into the Abyss, so I can't report on enslaved goblins.

For the regular goblins in Underworld, they attack opposing colors, though interaction with players seems to mess with that (you'll see what I mean in the video once it's done uploading).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know what to make of that, honestly. Was it just the scout attacking the other side?

And why are they so slow? I mean, you're GM stoic so you can't be a new player.

Did the scout attack the other goblin after the end? Do they just stop aggroing each other once they aggro a player? I mean that gray goblin clearly was no longer fighting you, because he didn't charge right after you became visible.

I don't know what to make of that, honestly. Was it just the scout attacking the other side?

And why are they so slow? I mean, you're GM stoic so you can't be a new player.

Did the scout attack the other goblin after the end? Do they just stop aggroing each other once they aggro a player? I mean that gray goblin clearly was no longer fighting you, because he didn't charge right after you became visible.

No, the video has all the behavior that I saw out of the goblins. The green goblin never attacked the grey one that attacked me.

As far as they're speed, it's just what they were. If they're faster in ServUO that sounds like something to fix as well.

I'm basically a newbie. I last played OSI UO around 2001 or so. Everything's completely different now. :)

Anyhow, let me know if you need any other behavior observations from them.

Hmmm. The 'slow' movement might actually just be the larger screen. How about we make a bool for when the goblin has attacked a player, or been in combat with a player. This bool is set to false when the sector is deactivated, it defaults to false, and it's not stored on save either. The question is: When do we set it to true? Perhaps in OnAggressiveAction and when a combatant is set? Is there an OnCombatantChanged() function?
[doublepost=1491105069][/doublepost]First Pull Request: Pull #1919: Goblin Opposition

-Added HasFoughtPlayer property.
--Available in props
--Defaults to false
--Set True in OnCombatantChanged() when Combatant is player or player pet
--Set True in AggressiveAction() when ControlMaster is null and aggressor is player or player pet
--Is not saved
--Reverts to false on sector deactivation
-Added GreenGoblin and GrayGoblin Opposition Types with HasFoughtPlayer check.
-Added HasFoughtPlayer check in Terathan and Ophidian Opposition checks.

-Added OppositionType.GrayGoblin to GrayGoblin, GrayGoblinKeeper, and GrayGoblinMage
-Added OppositionType.GreenGoblin to GreenGoblin, GreenGoblinAlchemist, and GreenGoblinScout

Last edited:
Monsters not attacking their opposition simply because they recently attacked a player seems like a good ol EA bug with target acquisition to me. I'm not down with duplicating EA bugs for the sake of accuracy.

Monsters not attacking their opposition simply because they recently attacked a player seems like a good ol EA bug with target acquisition to me. I'm not down with duplicating EA bugs for the sake of accuracy.

I think it's probably more likely that it was done for preventing people from leading two opposition groups together, invising, and letting them kill each other, then wipe out the survivors and loot all of them.

What would be the point of having opposition groups then? Most instances, they aren't spawning on top of each other, so there would have to be some type of luring going on to get them to fight.

I think it was more intended for flavor. 'hey look these guys fight'. Terathans and ophidians notably still spawn together, and the goblin tribes occasionally meet. Further, many of them were brought together during various events (like the savage invasion waaaay back).

I can pretty easily deactivate, comment out, or remove the code, though. Which would be preferred?
[doublepost=1491110465][/doublepost]As an afterthought, this might even quality for a configuration check.

Back