Thagoras submitted a new resource:

OSI plant replacements - A collection of plant sprites to replace the stock OSI plants

These are from a 28 year old game...which has been labeled abandoned. I still have the CD.
I'm surprised nobody has liberated these before now. I had to do everything manually...including adjusting the colors and modifying the sprites to work with UO.
View attachment 23875
View attachment 23876
View attachment 23877
A note about the pussy willow: The original sprite just had the trunk and the white fuzzy blooms....I had to add the leaves. Because...

Read more about this resource...

Are these from SimPark?
Yes they are.
I didn't want to say where they were pulled from because I enjoy when people try to guess the source.
It was a challenge because I didn't have a way to extract them from the data files so I was forced to do screen captures...and remove all superfluous pixels. I actually spent a number of months (not constantly because I have other things to work on) trying to figure out how to extract them without losing the pixels on the trees, shrubs and grasses. Once I figured out the best method, it all came pretty quickly.
SimSafari was just as much of a challenge...but those turned out okay too.
The hardest for both are the grasses. The ISO ratio is the more commonly used one (with skewed diamonds rather than squares) so adjusting that requires serious editing.

I suspected from the screens, and then when I saw some of the names it confirmed. I spent a good bit of my youth playing SimPark on the school computers. They do fit UO quite well, thank you for your efforts.

I suspected from the screens, and then when I saw some of the names it confirmed. I spent a good bit of my youth playing SimPark on the school computers. They do fit UO quite well, thank you for your efforts.
I actually got the game when I was going through a Simulator kick...some time in the early 2000's. And then I didn't put the pieces together until I really got into modifying UO. I kept scouring internet looking for a way to extract the sprites or a site where someone already had, but found nothing. But I wanted those trees. So I captured them and just sat on them...for years (yeah, I said months...but it was months when I decided it was time to try to figure something out).

It was nice that their scale didn't need to be adjusted, so they could keep their original look. This first set were just the ones that could easily replace the OSI trees and plants. There are more sprites but it would require a map editor to add them...unless you add them as objects in game, I guess.

Back