Is it possible to over ride the UO clients need to use the live servers banking system with out reverting to previous clients? like replacing the banking scripts or is it needed by too many scripts to take out or replace? I'm not a coder but I am trying to learn and the only thing I like about the current updated banking system is it allows for one platinum for every billion gold. I miss the gold checks but I would like a banking system that would allow more then just gold coins. Changing the hue and name of a pile of gold to platinum at 1000 million and Leprechaun gold for a saint patties day script, or pumpkin gold for Halloween script, etc.. for Holladay specific scripts that only run on them holidays. I'm not sure how much can be altered with scripts. any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Also if anyone has scripts for holiday specific themes that work with the current repo of ServUO and wish to share, thanks.

You can find banking settings in /misc/ShardSettings.cs

Code:
            AccountGold.Enabled = true;
            AccountGold.ConvertOnBank = true;

Changing enabled to false and convert to false will give you the old system with checks and everything. Adding other forms of currency is a pretty big task.

To me, a shard where players accumulate a billion gold on a regular enough basis that they need to manage multiple billions means my economy has failed.

Thanks :) since we are here LOL is there away to make the vendor stones take checks not gold? Ppl cry about only being able to withdraw 60k piles at a time. I did set my gold and tokens to weigh 0 and set to be able to take 100k piles out (Big Mess) lol

Last edited:
You'd have to post which vendor stone script you're using. I'd be glad to take a crack at it.
Post automatically merged:

Code:

Changing enabled to false and convert to false will give you the old system with checks and everything. Adding other forms of currency is a pretty big task.

To me, a shard where players accumulate a billion gold on a regular enough basis that they need to manage multiple billions means my economy has failed.
I got this on my test and I get the gump but keeps telling me there is no money in my bank LOL I have gold in there and some of the options are enabled.

Attachments

• [ServUO.com]-Custom Vendor System.cs
    91.8 KB · Views: 8

Code:

I agree with your economy statement as well, if its that bad then something needs to change drastically to fix it. The current system the live servers through broadsword, (OSI) should have done something different then what they did with the banking system imho. I am currently playing on Excelsior shard which is running runuo I believe, which uses an older client but has a pretty stable economy I think.

The holiday currency I plan to use would be for only purchases during that holiday. once the calendar holiday is over the quest as well as its vender stone and currency would not be accessible until the following year. I was hoping it would be easy to do but really no problem to turn them into gold sinks instead.

Thanks for your quick reply this is good news to be able to revert the current client that way. I was not sure it could be done.

I was thinking of a vendor that used gold from a pile in Kings castle.. all vendors buy and sell from it. Giving king a profit pile...
Perhaps a pile in each town/bank?

Back