Hello,
I'm just throwing this out there because I'm sure someone may have played with this at some time (though perhaps not someone who's on this board). I'm looking for a packet list. I ran across one at one point but figured I'd just keep things the way they were. Now I don't know where I saw it.

I'm looking for it because I'd like to see if it's possible to play the midi music (in addition to the mp3s). Programmers are lazy, for the most part, and if there's a bit of code in a program that, though you're not planning on using anymore, doesn't interfere with what you're currently working on, will leave it in because it can be tedious removing the code. I'm looking for exactly that.

I mean, unless someone has already discovered how to accomplish this.

Thanks!
-Thagoras-

Is there an updated list like this but for the latest client? I'm working on making my shard compatible with latest client and it would prove very useful.

Is there an updated list like this but for the latest client? I'm working on making my shard compatible with latest client and it would prove very useful.
This is the most up to date list I know of. Since the emulator community has fallen a part, not a lot of people doing packet reversing anymore.

PolServer's packets are good, it's also worth cross-referencing with the packet list at http://ruosi.org - I've noticed that there are discrepancies between some packets from these two sources, so it's worth testing to see which is correct too.

Says updated in 2010 though, a lot of stuff has changed such as IncomingMobile and what not since SA/HS. I'll check it out anyway though. My shard is far behind as far as packets go, I'm at 7.0.16.1 and want to support latest client before the next expansion comes out or I'll simply be too behind. Worse case I'll have to go through the code in servUO again line by line and try to analyze it further, as ServUO does work with latest client so the packets are all up to date.

What does it actually take to sniff OSI? Always been curious to learn how to do that but from my understanding it's all encrypted so have to know assembly more or less and step through the client and then figure out the decryption scheme and key and then run wireshark. Have to give it to the original guys that figured all that out from scratch, pretty crazy stuff to be able to do.

Packet logging as actually quite easy, you can do it with Razor by enabling it in the options - just be careful, the .log file will get rather large pretty fast.

You can also try SpyUO, which is a C# UO packet sniffer.

And, if ServUO/RunUO doesn't have a handler registered for a specific packet ID, it will be logged to packets.log in the shard root, so you can examine the new packets [client->server] that way too.

Also, when the new expansion comes out, I will endeavour to implement the new packets.

Back