No one else getting this error when trying to open Pandora? :)
@Voxpire

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Inheritance security rules violated while overriding member: 'log4net.Util.ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)'. Security accessibility of the overriding method must match the security accessibility of the method being overriden.
at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy..ctor(ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(String repositoryName, Type repositoryType)
at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly, Type repositoryType, String repositoryName, Boolean readAssemblyAttributes)
at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.GetRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly)
at log4net.Core.LoggerManager.GetRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly)
at log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(FileInfo configFile)
at TheBox.Common.BoxLog.SetupLog4Net()
at TheBox.Common.BoxLog..ctor(String filename)
at TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

i tried this one aswell got same error. and while trying to set up the boxserver i got a error saying the process was already being used..

Hello there !

I haven't Voxpire's skills in coding, but I gave it a try.

Could anyone try this version of Pandora version 4 ?

Also, when you launch Pandora.exe, be sure to run it with admin rights (right click the file and click on "run as an administrator").

I have tried to fix all references to TerMur. There were quite a bunch ... so, sometimes it may just crash.
All the waypoints/shortcuts haven't been added yet, but you can navigate in TerMur using the world map.

If anyone has a crash, plz report the crashing file name and line of code. Thx !

-Rek-

Attachments

• Pandora.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: 调用的目标发生了异常。 ---> System.TypeLoadException: 重写成员“log4net.Util.ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)”时违反了继承安全性规则。重写方法的安全可访问性必须与所重写方法的安全可访问性匹配。
在 log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy..ctor(ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- 内部异常堆栈跟踪的结尾 ---
在 System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
在 System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
在 System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
在 System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(String repositoryName, Type repositoryType)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly, Type repositoryType, String repositoryName, Boolean readAssemblyAttributes)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.GetRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly)
在 log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(FileInfo configFile)
在 TheBox.Common.BoxLog.SetupLog4Net()
在 TheBox.Common.BoxLog..ctor(String filename)
在 TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()
在 TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

Cool and thanks for the crash report !
Could you try this in debug mode (and if possible with everything in English) ?
It would point to a file and a line in a script that is crashing you.

I'm willing to finish what I started, like adding the TerMur waypoints for an easier travelling.
At least, if that can be useful to anyone :)

Thx !

-Rek-

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: 调用的目标发生了异常。 ---> System.TypeLoadException: 重写成员“log4net.Util.ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)”时违反了继承安全性规则。重写方法的安全可访问性必须与所重写方法的安全可访问性匹配。
在 log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy..ctor(ILoggerFactory loggerFactory)
--- 内部异常堆栈跟踪的结尾 ---
在 System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
在 System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
在 System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
在 System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(String repositoryName, Type repositoryType)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly, Type repositoryType, String repositoryName, Boolean readAssemblyAttributes)
在 log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.GetRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly)
在 log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(FileInfo configFile)
在 TheBox.Common.BoxLog.SetupLog4Net()
在 TheBox.Common.BoxLog..ctor(String filename)
在 TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()
在 TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

I'm still looking up how to install the damn thing to get it to work properly and not completely crashing my server lol

Download the other Pandoras Box- then I posted on your other post how to install
Pandoras Bo 3 https://www.servuo.com/threads/pandoras-box-3-download.794/

Error from the op first download post in thread...

C#:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Inheritance security rules violated while overriding member: 'log4net.Util.ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)'. Security accessibility of the overriding method must match the security accessibility of the method being overriden.
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(String repositoryName, Type repositoryType)
   at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.CreateRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly, Type repositoryType, String repositoryName, Boolean readAssemblyAttributes)
   at log4net.Core.DefaultRepositorySelector.GetRepository(Assembly repositoryAssembly)

Last edited:
@Voxpire are you still working on this project at all?
He never got a chance to fix the bugs reported in it nearly 3 years ago and the release on github was last dated 2018. I think it's safe to say he is not working on this project. The original Pandora works fine as long as you place a copy of the old map files in the directory for it to read.

Maybe SomeRandomDudes version in this thread works but I haven't tested it.

I'm not actively working on this project, but I may get a chance to revisit it soon.

Tried it.

Voxpire updated Pandora's Box (Reopened) with a new update entry:

Update to .NET 4.8
Add .editorconfig
Update .gitignore
Perform housekeeping operations.
Extend visible art tile range to max.
Removes CPU info from logging.
Profiles are now stored locally.
Simplify application startup and profile creation flow.
Fix issues with splash screen covering startup dialogs when not running in administrator mode.
Remove MulManager.
Simplify HuePicker.
Add TerMur support.
Simplify UO directory path config.
Fix file pathing issues with Ultima.dll

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tried to run this just now - I get the following error:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TheBox.Pages.Travel.Init()
at TheBox.Box..ctor(ProfileManager profileManager, ISplash splash)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at LightCore.Activation.ReflectionActivator.InvokeConstructor(ConstructorInfo constructor, IEnumerable`1 arguments)
at LightCore.Container.Resolve(Type typeOfContract, String name)
at LightCore.Container.Resolve[TContract]()
at TheBox.StartingContext.OnMainFormClosed(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext.OnMainFormDestroy(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
This is after the create profile stage. In order to try again I have to close the application and process on task manager. It recognises the profile I created but when I attempt to load it it just goes back to the profile select screen.

Having issue when you close the program down and try to log in later you cant select the profile made. It just sits there. so to 5.1 have had to remake profiles every time. Dunno if anyone else has this issue. but 2 gms reported it to me today.

I downloaded Pandoras Box 5.1.2 and it installed no problem, but I get the following error when I try and use the hue picker to hue anything in game or add any deco from PB.

Client handle not found. If UO is tunning, Try to set Tools -> Options
-> Advanced -> Use a custom client

I went to Tools, Options, Advanced and set it to point at my client and I'm still getting that error.

It works fine with Razor, but doesn't work with Classic UO Launcher, so I'm guessing the problem lies with CUOL.

Help :)

Last edited:
I downloaded Pandoras Box 5.1.2 and it installed no problem, but I get the following error when I try and use the hue picker to hue anything in game or add any deco from PB.

Client handle not found. If UO is tunning, Try to set Tools -> Options
-> Advanced -> Use a custom client

I went to Tools, Options, Advanced and set it to point at my client and I'm still getting that error.

It works fine with Razor, but doesn't work with Classic UO Launcher, so I'm guessing the problem lies with CUOL.

Help :)
The latest release has been tested against the latest OSI client and ClassicUO (when launched directly).
It has not been tested on ClassicUO when using its launcher, but that shouldn't matter.

If you have any directories named "Ultima Online" open, or any other apps that have "Ultima Online" in the title, that can potentially cause your issue.

Ahh you need to point it to the CUO's Client which is likely in your launcher folder, for example I point mine to:
C#:
C:\Games\ClassicUO Launcher\ClassicUO\ClassicUO.exe
It should then detect the client and work correctly.

Last edited:
So I have this installed and working using the updated MUL files but now im stuck. Everything opens and loads properly but when i click any of the options it doesn't appear to be tabbing into the client to input the commands. Im assuming this is because i am using Orion launcher / Client. Any suggestions on how a work around or how to make this work properly with orion client?

I think that Orion uses the OrionUO64.exe, so in theory you would set it to something like:
C#:
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Orion Launcher\OrionUO64.exe

I think that Orion uses the OrionUO64.exe, so in theory you would set it to something like:
C#:
C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Orion Launcher\OrionUO64.exe
Issue is there doesnt seem to be any option to direct Pandora to the client file. Only the data file where it assuming its naturally looking for client.exe

I'm thinking my only option would be to take pandora's source and modify it to search for Orion64.exe process instead but... not sure i can because skill. I always for some reason have trouble compiling exe's after edits :/
Wow Im stupid 1673908139601.png

Back