ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
High Seas
Anybody know how to edit the paperdoll, remove certain buttons for example?

I would like to remove the abilities book, since I'm building a custom system for abilities.
I don't want those accessible from the paperdoll.

If I removed that icon via fiddler, would that also prevent propagating the paperdoll w/ this icon?

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 14
I did that in my game...so your idea is correct. Delete the image from Fiddler and then they won't have that on their paperdoll to double click. I did with with that race ability book on the far left there and the virtue image at the top of the paperdoll window.

That will be about as good as it gets, I believe if you hover the space where it use to be, it will still show a hover-tooltip in AOS+ expansions.
(Please correct me if that isn't the case now, it's been a while since I made similar mods for a shard)

The only other way to get rid of it completely along with the functionality is to use a pre-AOS expansion so that the FeatureFlags.AOS flag is never sent to the client to enable it. This will unfortunately disable a bunch of other things though.

That will be about as good as it gets, I believe if you hover the space where it use to be, it will still show a hover-tooltip in AOS+ expansions.
(Please correct me if that isn't the case now, it's been a while since I made similar mods for a shard)
When I removed those paperdoll graphics I could never hover over the spot anymore...so it works fine probably because there is no image in the GUMP files to hover over.

If even after deletion it shows the menu under the mouse button, just delete the menu from cliloc. But I don't think he will. In the old days, the gump image was not deleted, but replaced by a 100% black image.

Using pure black or pure white is the best option imo since the gump won't show up ingame and won't be intractable
I prefer this to deleting it because that way I know the gump slot is not to be used when implementing new custom stuff

I don't know how it is on ServUO, but some buttons can be turned off on the sphereserver. For example, I treated Skills in a script so that the skill scroll table does not appear. Then I don't have to delete the images in the gumpart, or replace them with a black overlay. Maybe it can be done on RunUO / ServUO as well. But I don't know, I don't work with ServUO.

I don't know how it is on ServUO, but some buttons can be turned off on the sphereserver. For example, I treated Skills in a script so that the skill scroll table does not appear. Then I don't have to delete the images in the gumpart, or replace them with a black overlay. Maybe it can be done on RunUO / ServUO as well. But I don't know, I don't work with ServUO.
RunUO/ServUO can do everything Sphere can do except resync :D
The paperdoll buttons use packets to interact with the server for a response, but this isn't the same thing as editing layers of the paperdoll builder.

I thought he would be able to do that too. And otherwise I know layers and packets are two different things. But if it can be done with a packet, I prefer it.

Back