Vert-I-Go submitted a new resource:

Partial Hue Ships - Hued Ships

Here are some .bmps to replace for ships to make them hueable.

I didn't do these can't remember where I got them so if I don't give credit its because I forgot where I got these but good job on them. I think a lot of people would like to have colored ships and these should be helpful.

You will have to go into the tiledata.mul for each art item and tag them with Partial hue checkbox.

Here is a preview of what a ship would look like with new art files.View attachment 13278

Read more about this resource...

They are from my Ultima Odyssey game. I recognize the hue I used for the metal portions.

Last edited:
No worries at all. I think anyone looking for ideas should probably download my game and pick the client apart. They may like the art, sounds, or animations. There is alot of new stuff to choose from...even Darkshard maps.

In Ultima Odyssey, I made the ship models dyeable with regular dye tubs after I implemented these. It really allows players to give their boat a unique look without the entire thing having that color. Here are a couple of images if you implemented these on your shard. The hatches on the deck (in the images below) are something unique in my game. If your fishing skill is high enough, these hatches appear on your ship where you can then go below deck.

ship1.pngship2.png

Wonder if you could make sails hueable with a different color or artwork upon the sails would be cool also :D and Yes im the animation person I love creating new animations from other games like WOW :D

I tried it wont let me. the question is im working on some animations and want them to be partial hued what is the closest hue in paint or what ever program to get the gray factor you got for like the ships so can have partial hue on animation

I used adobe photoshop and I have 2 identical images...one color...and one that I convert to grayscale. I then put the parts I want hueable (from the grayscale) and put it over the color image...flatten the layers...and done.

Back