I'm going to go ahead and request that you rephrase your question, with proper spelling, and maybe some grammer? I'm also going to move this to support.

The better Question is what Target do you have? Run a Server from Home? Why not host one? I mean some Providers may can offer you 12-24 Cores with 32GB-Ram or more for < 100$ per month.Back then when i hosted my shard we runned an 8 Core 16GBRam 4TB Server with granted bandwith of 200MBit\s.

So the Question is what you prefer. Don´t forget the running energy cost on your monthly bill if you host at home. Costs for professional routing and such.

The first link on your Quote i would use as Home Office Computer as sample...

You can run a server on just about any computer that has better than WinXP, 512mb of RAM, an internet connection and a monitor. Seriously.

Asking a forum full of video game nerds what computer to run the nerd game we all love on is like asking a room full of fat kids what their favorite type of cupcake is. There's way too many answers, and the next fat kid in line is going to argue his type of cupcake is better than the last fat kids type of cupcake.

The bottom line is this. Whether m309 likes one or another is probably a moot point. To expand on his example, I might like pie instead of cupcakes but both are perfectly wonderful desserts that bring pleasure and happiness and sugar rush and yum....

Ahem, anyhoo... you don't need a beast of a machine just to set up a server. If you want to buy a new computer for yourself, figure out what other uses it will need to serve. Many computer manufacturer websites will even 'help' you find specs to fit your needs. Get what will make you happy or what will fit your budget, or a compromise of the two.

The reason i asked stacey what she plans with that bundle have several reasons :
For a Home Computer for running and building up your Server both offers are ok. The I7 4770 is a bit outdated and doesnt contains the changes from Intels Productline changes yet(merging Xeon Server technology to their desktop products) but still fine.
I personaly only run an AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition with 16 GB RAM, using Windows 8.1 and compiling Shard + Running RadStudio X5 + Visual Studio 2013 while stream some Bluerays on other Monitor works just fine. So for personal usage you wont have any issues ( I recommning to upgrade to atleast 8GB RAM + using Windows 7 or newer with 64 Bit)

If you want to run a Server fpr public the System may be enough for playing but then you must keep sure to have a good bandwith, constant running the Computer and keep sure the Energy Bill doesnt force you to suicide.Thats why i said maybe look for host a Server for those actions.

Asking a forum full of video game nerds what computer to run the nerd game we all love on is like asking a room full of fat kids what their favorite type of cupcake is. There's way too many answers, and the next fat kid in line is going to argue his type of cupcake is better than the last fat kids type of cupcake.

This is the most unqualified answer i heard since a while.

The reason i asked stacey what she plans with that bundle have several reasons :
For a Home Computer for running and building up your Server both offers are ok. The I7 4770 is a bit outdated and doesnt contains the changes from Intels Productline changes yet(merging Xeon Server technology to their desktop products) but still fine.
I personaly only run an AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition with 16 GB RAM, using Windows 8.1 and compiling Shard + Running RadStudio X5 + Visual Studio 2013 while stream some Bluerays on other Monitor works just fine. So for personal usage you wont have any issues ( I recommning to upgrade to atleast 8GB RAM + using Windows 7 or newer with 64 Bit)

If you want to run a Server fpr public the System may be enough for playing but then you must keep sure to have a good bandwith, constant running the Computer and keep sure the Energy Bill doesnt force you to suicide.Thats why i said maybe look for host a Server for those actions.

This is the most unqualified answer i heard since a while.
ok thx for the advice

You can run a server on just about any computer that has better than WinXP, 512mb of RAM, an internet connection and a monitor. Seriously.

Amen to That. Can even run UO on a 6 gig 1 tb. 1.4 Hrz. Dell running Win 10. But then again, if you want the best gaming system That can start a LARGE discussion.

Back