1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Evolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amalek, May 23, 2015.

1. Amalek

Amalek Member

hello everyone, I'm new to this forum . I need advice and help , in my old RunUO had a system of evolution animals and monsters and I would get on ServUo , the only problem that I had helped my anico to make the system since I am one scripter low level , I potte help find a similar system or advise how to start building this system ?? I'd be very grateful , sorry for my bad English but use google translator ...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Milva

Admin Moderator

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Amalek

Amalek Member

Thanks to the timely Much to the timely response ... I will try to install it and see if I'll be able to release an updated copy ... thanks again and sorry for the trouble

• Like Like x 1
  4. Milva

Admin Moderator

I have this xantos package, if you don't mind not having the mercenary
    You could test this package out also- has quite a few evo's which I had added
    Need this Utilities package also (Evo Package and this all go into the Custom Folder

Attached Files:

#4 Milva, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 2
  5. Amalek

Amalek Member

thanks .. dumping or try to install so then tell you if it works ... thanks again I will know soon ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Exale

Exale Active Member

Hey Milva. Just curious did you make any tweaks to the system? I remember the dragon being insanely powerful. lol

7. Milva

Admin Moderator

I didn't tweak the evo's-from what I can remember-the dragon as you stated would be the most highly uber :) but then I think most all evo's are. You could maybe do some adjustments to stats on it. I can check this system out again tomorrow to refresh all which I had with it.

8. Exale

Exale Active Member

Yea it's one of those things on my long to-do list cause they are pretty uber. (I feel old saying uber lol) Thanks for sharing though, nice to have some additonal ones already made.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Milva

Admin Moderator

For the dragon you could go into the DragonEvoSpec.cs script and play around adjusting this area
    Remove a skill or adjust the stats
    m_Skills = new SkillName[7] { SkillName.Magery, SkillName.EvalInt, SkillName.Meditation, SkillName.MagicResist,
    SkillName.Tactics, SkillName.Wrestling, SkillName.Anatomy };
    m_MinSkillValues = new int[7] { 50, 50, 50, 15, 19, 19, 19 };
    m_MaxSkillValues = new int[7] { 120, 120, 110, 110, 100, 100, 100 };

• Like Like x 1
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  10. Amalek

Amalek Member

thanks again for having responded to me ... I 'll explain that happens to me and by the time I use a RunUO 2.0 final repack ... but since that my pg are getting bored of the classic RunUO wanted to update it a bit ... in my RunUO 2.0 I already have all these things , evopet , evoweapon , this custom etc .. and I wanted to implement ter mur higs and sea ... but the RunUO 2.0 does not let you do this .... you advice about how to solve this problem ?? thanks again the attention

11. Milva

Admin Moderator

This would take so much in changes to accomplish-not only for the map but also with gargoyle and such. If your server is not live yet you might want to consider switching to ServUO, now please remember this is only a suggestion :) What patch number for the server game client be at?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Exale

Exale Active Member

I agree with Milva. I was in the same position you were in a little over a month ago and decided it was way to much of a headache to try and update RunUO. I ended up switching to JustUO just because it has more of a recent update, BUT JustUO and ServUO are both great updated distros. Both are very similiar and SevUO has a more active community. As Milva said these are just my opinions but I do suggest just grabbing one if possible. They either come with the system you are asking about or have posted versions available for most of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Amalek

Amalek Member

and my intention to go to servUO , but I'm so sorry to lose all my custom script .... and for what I 'm wiggling for upgrades ... although the road easier and to change server . .. indeed a RunUO 2.0 client 6.10.0 , a servUO with clkient 7.0.41 ... only I repeat that I have so many scripts in the custom ....... are very undecided about what to do:confused::confused::confused::confused:

14. Exale

Exale Active Member

There is some good news. ServUO is not a completely different emulator. It is simply a more up to date fork of RunUO so most of if not all of your custom scripts will still work perfectly fine. When I upgraded to JustUO I had a large folder of custom scripts too and nearly all of them compiled and worked fine. There was only a couple I had to make minor changes to. That's just my experience though, Maybe I was super lucky. lol

15. Amalek

Amalek Member

I am now changing the script to keep my custom . but I 've got a big problem with FS animal taming system on January 2 ... I mean the other uses a system Xanthos , and in this I just can not get it started .. I 'm wiggling so much to make it work but I can not ... and eliminating this system would seize me a heart attack ...
    :mad::mad::mad::):):)

16. Amalek

Amalek Member

the only problem now addressed , but I can not fix it :
    mercenary.cs: CS0029: Line 447: cannot implicity convert type 'System.DateTime' to 'long'
    I can not understand that I do ... I can help out ?

17. Milva

Admin Moderator

I had the mercenary disabled :) but try this for your error
    Change:
    NextActionTime = DateTime.Now;
    To:
    NextActionTime = Core.TickCount;

Also if you have FSTaming and the Evo's- you will need to go into the FSTaming Settings I believe and add all evos there for not to breed- because the FSTaming returns a pet from the animal trainer- but the evo returns an egg from the pet which was breed
    Other wise you will experience a crash when a ticket is turned in for an evo

18. Amalek

Amalek Member

thank you so much ... now it works .... you are really grateful as I said ... I 'm a scripter low level .. so I would not have found alone ... thank you so much more , I hope to be able to use this server for my players ... thanks again so much ...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Exale

Exale Active Member

Milva is the best :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Amalek

Amalek Member

sorry I have one last problem ... I inserted the system Daat99 ... before I make a copy of my original script ... I enter ila folder , delete the file that tells me that the core are double ... get to the end , now gives me a problem Championstype ... I find most of the bosses champ .. I change championSpawntype.cs , add the champ craft .. and I do not find the boss of any champ ... why ?? Now I do not know how to put this image of what I said the core ... but if you have already had this problem I would be very, very much appreciate it if you give me a hand with this last problem ... so I moved all my files to the new server