where would i add a cap and how would i add it for pet slot deeds so people dont exceed the limit to how many pet slots they can have

The server/mobile.cs has a m_FollowersMax = 5; at line 10812. This is how you would set the default value for new chars.
In your deed you would check how many slots they do have yet and increase it only if it is below your desired max

Well you could use something along like this, but it is untested so not sure if I made a typo or something

Code:
            if (!this.Movable || from == null)
                return;
            int maxSlots = 10; 
            if (from.FollowersMax >= maxSlots) 
            {
                from.SendMessage("You already have the max amount of follower slots!"); 
                return; 
            }
            from.FollowersMax++;
            from.SendMessage("You now possess "+from.FollowersMax+" follower slots."); [code]

Well you could use something along like this, but it is untested so not sure if I made a typo or something

Code:
            if (!this.Movable || from == null)
                return;
            int maxSlots = 10;
            if (from.FollowersMax >= maxSlots)
            {
                from.SendMessage("You already have the max amount of follower slots!");
                return;
            }
            from.FollowersMax++;
            from.SendMessage("You now possess "+from.FollowersMax+" follower slots."); [code]

What if I wanted the cap to be 10 with deeds but 5 without deeds?

The snipped would be a part of a deed that you could make. The default would still be your 5 as it comes out of box.
So that example would basically be exactly what you seek (with it being part of an deed)

Or did I get you wrong?

Back