Ahoy mates!
In reference to an existing thread on the RunUO forums and the discussion about the post-apocalyptic shard idea here I would like to hear about what you would consider must-have features for a pirate-/caribbean-themed shard. Hereare the results of the discussion and my own concept:

Map:
  • historically and geographically more or less authentic islands (done)
  • larger number of smaller islands (done)

Design:
  • new Ship models, ranging from a small Dinghy upwards
  • replacement of the rather high-fantasy setting of the stock UO by a more colonial style
  • implementation of a large number of custom arts and gumps (WIP)
  • muskets (WIP)
Scripting:
  • new ship control system
  • boarding, sea battles, destructible ships
  • custom crafting system for a player-controlled economy
  • improved fishing system
kind regards
scadeus/Klabauter

That's all, and not so hard to create, especially on ServUO. I'm working on a Pirate theme shard too, Black Sails. Maybe one of the most important things is the Treasure hunting system.

I have a custom insular map
NewBoatSystems (sinkable)
Galleons (sinkable)
SmoothMoviment

BaseRangedFA with some pistols and muskets.
Mine and handgreanades

Craftable cannons and cannon balls
Craftable ships and galleons

Craftable firearms
Craftable fireworks

Custom graphics.

And im working on a Bulk Order system based on XML craft/gather quest.

But the most important thing is the Background. The choiche is between Historical background or mixed Hystorical-fantasy background(that i prefer) to include monsters like Kraken ecc.

All I got to say is it sounds pretty impressive what y'all got going on here. Keep it up, I will be sure to look into both of y'alls server if they go live or whatever.

Hey Ben, this sounds truly amazing! Does your project have any kind of web presence? I would love to see some screenshots of your work!

Not yet, i'm working alone since i have issues with hamachi and such. Nothing impressive, i'm just customizing, all these amazing sutff are already in ServUO.

You go public let me know, I have been trying to get the pirate scripts working and keep getting snags except for the real simple one.

I will, although I doubt it'll ever get this far. At the moment, I'm just lacking someone with more experience to take on this project. I know how to customize everything, but to truly work on it, I'd need a few more people.

Back