Felladrin submitted a new resource:

Play Music On Login - Plays a specific or random music for players on login.

Play Music On Login

I've made this one to break the loop from the client start music. Forcing the server to play a town theme for the players when they join the game.

Installation

Just drop this script somewhere in you Scripts folder.

Configuration
Code:
bool Enabled = true;                          // Is this system enabled?
bool PlayRandomMusic = true;                  // Should we play a random music from...

Read more about this resource...

can this be used to play a custom song? lets say I wanted to add a new song to play, how would I go about doing that. Example, playing something like bed of roses by bon jovi on login.. (not what I want but its an example)

can this be used to play a custom song? lets say I wanted to add a new song to play, how would I go about doing that. Example, playing something like bed of roses by bon jovi on login.. (not what I want but its an example)
if you can change files in [ClientLocation\Musics]

You can take a custom song and name it to replace an existing song

I did this recently to replace the battle music and in the past I replaced modern songs with the Midis from T2A

I do believe there is a limit on what the client can handle though in terms of song length, file size, and something I forgot...

the music files are saved on your end, on your computer, when you download a client.

Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\Music\Digital

is an example.

Say you wanted Bon Jovi to play for Britian1.mp3. You would need to patch a file to your players to replace or copy their version of Britain1.mp3.

You could replace it on your end. Add a Bon Jovi song, rename it to Britian1.mp3. Yes you will hear it, no they will not.

It would need to be patched to replace / copy theirs before it has any effect on your players.

(if they play with sound off, like a lot of us, it would not matter either way)

Back