OP
Xeno
ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
I started this a while back with an older version of ServUO. I am redoing it because there have been a lot of changes to ServUO since then. I am adding something called Lava Berries to make Lava Paint with. The Lava paint acts like Tribal Paint only a different hue. Here is a link to the original thread in which I got it working with help.

Here is the current issue I am having compiling.
compileissue.jpg

I am including the 2 files.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
  • LavaPaint.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 1
You'll need to add a TimeSpan feild in PlayerMobile, it most likely has a method that reverts the hue after 7 days. I only looked at the LavaPaint quick to see what it was storing on PlayerMobile.

Take a look in your old PlayerMobile for the field and method that was reverting the paint!

Thank you, was a stupid mistake because it was late. I was missing one line that needed to be in there. It was added at line 3800.

C#:
private DateTime m_LavaPaintExpiration; //edit

EDIT (NOT WORKING AS INTEDNED) since it merged the 2 together:
Okay, so paint applied fine and could be removed with an oil cloth but when I saved the server wearing the paint and restarted, there was an error and the character was deleted. The same happened with Tribal Paint. Something wasn't serialized correctly and now neither works lol.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    211.5 KB · Views: 0
  • painterror.jpg
    painterror.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
When you add to the playermobile serial/deserial improperly, which is the Save/Load Methods, which they have to be in same order, also, say, a player is logged, you add new field to PM, when they log in, and the loading wasn't set up to catch a new player that is loading from a save that did not have your new field, it'll throw a error and wanna delete, so you have to make sure that the load checks to see if they had the old case or new case and proceed with update the new field load! That probably made no sense to you!

Another fix would be not to mod the PM, pull the field from the lavapaint and just use the oil cloth to remove the paint, screw the 7 day timer field!

I always enjoyed the tribal paint (pre-aos when you needed no armor) though I am not sure how many others did besides maybe roleplayers. I am thinking of revising this and making it a drop that can be turned in for points or disappears after server reset, like you suggested. It is becoming a lot of work and I have not even made it craftable in alchemy like the tribal berries.

I wouldn't say it is a lot of work, but when it comes to save/load, there is some things you need to be 100% on coding it or you'll get a bad load! The problem with PM today, is it is polluted with all the cases over the years of additions to the class, the reason was to not disrupt shards that were already set up and updating to new runuo. So the team was thinking there but for a fresh shard, you start with a quagmire of cases, technically you could remove the case and get it back to case 0 if starting fresh, allowing you to more easily add and control the flow of the Save/Load! Just my thoughts on the matter!

I think you are right though because I do hate messing with playermobile.cs anyways. I removed the timer and it stays on while logged out and back in but disappears on server reset back to normal skin hue. It is probably better that way and I can still add berries to be turned into paint or just have it drop paint and they can be used or turned in for points. Not sure which route I am going to take. Thank you for your help though, much appreciated. Are you the same GoldDraco from RunUO back in the early 2000's?

I am a big believer to add to the server without messing with distro files, plus, there are many ways to solve a problem in the game, just need to look at all angles. I agree the paint is better without the timespan, that served no purpose as I too like interactive systems, meaning, wipe on, wipe off, karate kid style elements. ie: use berries to make paint to make skin paint then make oil rags that can be used to take it off! No Timers, just a straight forward system!

and yes,

I am the same GoldDraco13 from RunUO

I am the same GoldDraco13 from RunUO

I was Chief Cowtipper there. I was not very well known and I think my favorite past time was reading phantom's comments to people asking for help. He actually helped me a couple of times but I was very careful to search and try things out before asking lol

Back