Hi all, thanks for this awesome system, I was wondering if I could get some help where my players are being trapped under the map unable to move next to the spawn point at New Haven and in other various places, too common to be ok hehe.

I have been searching around, and I can't find anything on it, I was wondering if I am using the wrong mul files? Is the latest servuo version suppose to use a specific client version, please help., and thanks in advance.

What client version are you using? What client version are you/your players using?
Does your sever have it's own set of files indicated in the Config/DataPath.cfg?

Hi all, the files are been found, client is using latest uo, and I tried server with latest, and also 7.0.50 and 7.0.35, it is Linux, but now I have a bigger problem all runs and everything good compiles and everything, but now server freezes after like 4 minutes every time :( anyone else having this issue? :(

had that issue in the past on a vps on debian. But never had the same issue anywhere else.
What distro?

Hi all, the files are been found, client is using latest uo, and I tried server with latest, and also 7.0.50 and 7.0.35, it is Linux, but now I have a bigger problem all runs and everything good compiles and everything, but now server freezes after like 4 minutes every time :( anyone else having this issue? :(
had that issue in the past on a vps on debian. But never had the same issue anywhere else.
What distro?
I tried Ubuntu latest and Debian 11 should I try an older version? I have a few options.

I tried Ubuntu latest and Debian 11 should I try an older version? I have a few options.
You need to take a memory dump from the server in order to find out at what stage of the code the hang occurs.
Also If you are using mono, you can also try to install an older version or vice versa a more recent version, there is a possibility of a version conflict with the current code.

you should also be able to use net 6 and run the code, and basically skip mono for the most part

See this image everything looks good but I am stuck at freezing problem :( Any one know latest working wersion on Linux?
Im going to try the release 57.1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-09 222440.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-09 222440.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Like I said, I couldnt really figure out why. But at the same time since it was a vps I didnt really have an quick way to test different terminals (not that it should matter)

Have any customs installed? I can't help thinking this might be timer related. When did this freezing start? How many total minutes have you put into the game (in game time terms)? A full day? I mean, it freezes and then you have to restart...so the game doesn't save and the timer restarts when you restart the server.
Just a thought.

ok I will be a bit more specific :) ,so this is a clean ServUO install no customs fresh out of a Git clone, I have tried 3 Debian Versions 9,10 and 11 and Ubuntu 18, 20, 21, So after installing Libz-dev, Mono and Dotnet it all goes as I hope, compile and everything, and I can even start the server I can do an initial save and shutdown for best practice, and then every time I start server it freezes after 2 minutes on the dot every time, I can run around a bit and it simply freezes, the Console is frozen so I cant do any servuo Commands, I can only ctrl-C to cancel the ServUO process and then restart but it freezes after 2 minutes maybe 1 minute and a half, it seems to be really constant, this is a VPS, so I was going to do a test on a bare metal and see if I get the same results :( Thanks again.

Can you login? Is this 2 minutes after you login or is this just 2 minutes regardless? So you can login and play for about a minute before it freezes? I'm establishing if it's a ServUO issue or a dotnet issue.

Can you login? Is this 2 minutes after you login or is this just 2 minutes regardless? So you can login and play for about a minute before it freezes? I'm establishing if it's a ServUO issue or a dotnet issue.
That is correct I can log in and play for these 2 minutes :) but then after no I cannot log in it remains frozen until I stop the server.

But it freezes after two minutes, even when you don't login? Now trying to eliminate it being a packet/client version issue.

Sorry for being unfamiliar with linux....but is there a task manager that you can see how much of the processor each process is using? In the past I've had the server get stuck and the process was using WAY more resources than it should have been.

Last edited:
Hi all I switched to windows and Players still going below the Map, what is the proper mul client version I should use?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought that the server required specific client versions mostly because of the packets. And this problem sounds like the difference between the client that the server references versus what the players are using. But if you're logging in locally on the server, sharing the same client, you shouldn't have issues.

Although, I think there was a change that happened years back where the water level changed.

it is the latest uo.com client on both but maybe that is too new, also Im having freezing issue on Windows anyways so I dont know what to do any more :(

Last edited:
Everyone check their clients just to be sure they are patched up- as many times with download they are not. Also do you have the

DataPath.cfg set correct?

Perhaps OSI had a recent patch which is causing issue again. If you keep having issues, Wednesday (when I'm off) perhaps I should download everything fresh to see if I can replicate your issues...just to get a really clear view of what's happening. This kind of troubleshooting is hard online.

You're just using Razor?

Im using uos, so it is all working now, I did so many things that Im not even sure what fixed it, but the last thing was adding .net legacy on windows.

Last edited:
Im using uos, so it is all working now, I did so many things that Im not even sure what fixed it, but the last thing was adding .net legacy on windows.
Can you elaborate on what versions of .net / debian / ubuntu / windows / client mul's / compiler you are running? Is it still running clean? Crashes and map clipping fixed?

Edit: I was able to stop the map clipping issue by using client version 7.0.21.1 MUL's. I read in another post that beyond that version the client MUL's use a new format which I believe is causing players/NPCs to fall thru the map.

Edit #2: The older MULs were missing several mob models (platinum dragon for example) so back to the drawing board...

Edit #3: I was able to use the current version MULs without the map clipping, I think it's because I copied the .UOP files along with the .MUL files to the directory I use for storing MUL's. I think this was always intended but not explicitly mentioned in the "how to to run your own freeshard tutorial"

Last edited:
Back