Dan(Tasanar)

Okay so I am working on a side shard project.

It is PRE AOS (UOR). However I use context menus and mouse overs to get item information like in AOS UO. (no clicking for item names, ect)

My question is I would like to add Night Sight and Luck. Is there a way to go about doing this? All I need is to be pointed in the right direction. I like trying to figure stuff out on my own.

Best bet would probably be to look for the aos conditions in all files and look through the list to see what you want.

Okay so I got it to work where in PRE AOS items can drop with luck, skill bonuses, and sometimes night sight.

The night sight works. On Equip light levels are changed.

Skill bonuses and Luck show but are not actually being applied.

Also luck does not show up in the status bar.

So far my edits have been in AOS.cs. Any ideas?

For the status bar, in Packet.cs at

else
{
type = Core.AOS ? 4 : 3;
EnsureCapacity(88);
}

if the Core.AOS type is set to a value of 4.

below that

if (type >= 4)
{
m_Stream.Write((short)m.FireResistance); // Fire
m_Stream.Write((short)m.ColdResistance); // Cold
m_Stream.Write((short)m.PoisonResistance); // Poison
m_Stream.Write((short)m.EnergyResistance); // Energy
m_Stream.Write((short)m.Luck); // Luck

Luck is sent to the status bar, you would need to make a new conditional if the Core is not AOS for Luck to show. (or a new 'type' value conditional basically)
The EnsureCapicity(88) is the packet length, you will want to make sure you send the other AOS info in that section, even if it is with zero values so the packet length is correct.

More than likely the other issues are being prevented by a Core.AOS conditional as well as Pyro also suggested.
[doublepost=1468600520][/doublepost]Side note.. I'd have to look further I don't recall from memory, if the Core.AOS is not set, there could be client flags sent at login that control the length of the packet the client is looking for, for the Status Bar. In this case you may need to make adjustments to the entire approach since if this is correct, the client may not accept the (88) sized extended packet where Luck is contained.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!
[doublepost=1468603979][/doublepost]Last question: Any idea where I should look so it applies skill bonuses with items using the Aos property in Pre AOS?

Everything else works great now thanks! :)

In AOS.cs around line 400 I commented out this aos check:
Code:
      public static int GetValue(Mobile m, AosAttribute attribute)
        {
            //if (!Core.AOS)
            //    return 0;

After looking further, I commented out every "if (!Core.AOS) return 0;" in that file. I do not know if that was necessary but it works so far.
Now any item with aos attributes will work but without the object properties list we need to find another way to identify them. I am leaning towards custom names Like "Flaming Sword of Fire!!!"

Last edited:
Back