Hi you all,
I don't know if this is the right place where to write.. but I would start a WIP to create/share a new multi of a galleon using the classic BaseBoat.cs (for pre-HS clients) and the classic boat graphic (I prefer this graphic rather than the new galleon's one).

Right now I've almost finished creating the base aspect of the NW-NE galleon, but if you have new ideas/suggestions or if you want give me any help you're welcome!

The next steps are:
  • Detailing that ugly roof (ideas?)
  • Detailing the hold (ideas?)
  • Creating the prow graphic tiles when you're inside the galleon
  • Creating the rope system to lift up/down the row boat
  • Replacing the middle sail with a new, bigger mainmast

WIP.jpg

• Detailing hold
WIP2.jpg
[doublepost=1483315264][/doublepost]
  • Creating the mainmast (maybe I'll add a scout NPC in the look-out)
WIP3.jpg
[doublepost=1483365810][/doublepost]
  • New roof
  • Rope system
  • Scout NPC
WIP4.jpg

Thank you!
Now I'll work on SW-SE direction, but can you suggest me a software to assembly these new multis?
I tried UOfiddler, but the tile's list isn't complete.. I can see only a very small preset of usable tiles and not the new ones..
I tried UOarchitect also, but I can't install it.. it's too complicated..

Right now, I've assembled the previous previews with Centred, just to see the final result.

I don't want to write a TXT list file.. :(

Fiddler is definitely the best way. If you find where your installation folder is, and navigate into the "plugins" folder you'll see a multieditor.xml. You can add/remove/change any tile entries you want in there to be able to see them in the editor.

I've just done the North Galleon Multi in Fiddler and created the scripts to add it in the game (Galleon.cs + GalleonDeed.cs), plus I've edited the BaseBoat.cs to fit the new positions of the tillerman, left/right planks and hold.
I'm working to solve these 3 problems:
  1. After the creation of the galleon, I create a new door (which shares the same key as planks) to close the captain's room, but I'm encountering troubles when I move the ship because the door moves faster than ship and it's not fixed;
  2. All lanterns have the wrong light emitter (they have the windowed light emitter [id=0 in Fiddler]), but in centred and in the tiledata the lightID of the hanging lantern is correct ([id=2] they are original tiles I've not edited), so I don't know how to fix this;
  3. If I delete the galleon, small portions of the multi remain in the map (the portions which are out of screen during the deletion).. maybe a cache issue? There is a way to force a cache cleaning? If I logout/login that portions disappear.

Errors.jpg

Any ideas to solve these?

That's damned impressive. Note that 2) Should just be a matter of editing the props of each piece. xxx.Light = Light.Circle300 or something like that. Preferably after it's been virtually created, but before it's been spawned.

@Diego, are you still working on these?
I've not so much time in this period, but I worked on this project 'till february.
I solved various problems and scripted a navigable NE ship with:
  • Scripted helsman;
  • Scripted and animated anchors;
  • Scripted and animated planks (to thrown overboard someone);
  • Scripted captain's room door;
  • Scripted hold in deck.
After, I started working on these points:
  • Placeable and working cannons (with openable/closeable animated side-bulkheads);
  • Working and animated ladders to climb aboard the galleon (planks are only to thrown overboard);
  • Working and animated ladders to climb aboard the rowing boat;
Later I'll add a working rowing boat and sails.
I've to try GriffonSpade's suggestion about lanterns, but I still don't have ideas how to solve the "cache issue" (point 3).

Any help would be appreciated! XD

Back