zerodowned

I have the UOR expansion setup and cannot select Gargoyle as a race at all. The button is still there during character setup but if I click it nothing happens.

The elf race though switches my character's view to an Elf and gives me the correct Elf hair options etc. However the "proceed" button is greyed out.

So my question is: Can I make it so the Elf button doesn't do anything like the Gargoyle button?

upload_2017-11-19_5-53-52.png

upload_2017-11-19_5-53-24.png

i cant try it right now but what i would do is look in uo fiddler for that elf gump and get the hex code.
then search for that hex code in servuo folder and then i would just comment out the elf and gargoyle stuff,
and be left with only the human choice.
but then you need to worry about removing all the elf item drops in game and find a solution for that too. gl

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that part of character creation is controlled by the client. You might not be able to "edit" those options unless you edit the client. If you replace those gumps in Fiddler with empty gumps I'm not sure if players will still be able to see the radio buttons.

You could check CharacterCreation.cs and force the race to Human if someone is Elf or Gargoyle after creation but that would leave you with generic looking human players if the race was forced.
A good way may be to create a separate script (with OnLogon event) which, if a player is Gargoyle or Elf on logon, sends the player a message explaining that Elves and Gargoyles are not allowed, please re-create your character and deletes that char.

yea i couldnt find the gump hex codes in the servuo folder, so theyre probably caked into the client.

But i found something in RaceDefinitions.cs. Maybe if you can do the same thing to elf thats done
to gargoyles then youll get what you wanted, hack the elf race into the T2A era.
Probably in charactercreation.cs. gl

RaceDefinitions.cs
RegisterRace(new Human(0, 0));
line 16
#region Stygian Abyss
RegisterRace(new Elf(1, 1));
RegisterRace(new Gargoyle(2, 2));
#endregion

line 187
: base(raceID, raceIndex, "Elf", "Elves", 605, 606, 607, 608, Expansion.ML) // change to T2A maybe? try to boot and check for errors, should tell you where you have expansion incompatibilities.
and make them like gargoyles

Last edited:
the race buttons showing in the client as an option is client side, but using newest client and I change the sever to T2A expansion it won't register that I've pressed the Gargoyle button ( aka packet isn't accepted from the client )

edited my post i dont know why i was saying SA, changed to T2A
ok probably because i read it in the region marker for gargoyles.

Gargoyles came out in SA so it correctly shouldnt be recognized. Also Elves
came out after T2A so technically they shouldnt be a choice either.

Last edited:
Back