Hello, help solve the problem with the graphics shadow trail, and remnants of shadows , and uneven ground ..with NPC also
графика 1.png графика 2.png графика 3.png графика 4.png

It's the problem with the classic client itself. I think it has something to do with frames. I wish I could help with this but I have this problem as well as everyone else. This guy Zane is working on a new client called Ultima XNA and I think once he finishes it, it will fix this problem.

The classic client doesnt use DX or any other kind of hardware acceleration to draw UO. It uses GDI+, the same thing that draws standard Windows Applications (Explorer, Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc). Normal hardware accelerated graphics clear the entire frame before drawing, UO only draws what changes. Because of this you get left with artifacts on occasion. Nothing you can do, and its completely normal.

I'm confused by your pictures. One has mount's the other doesn't. The one with mounts has the issue, and mounts cause the issue, then you have a 2nd picture without mounts and no issue present.. which I would expect.

the second photo shows the beetle half of which in the rock , so should be ?or it must rest on the rock at a distance of 1 cell?
let's think about how to solve the problem on the first photo

I think you're trying to apply modern collision/graphics in UO's older graphics in regard to the second photo. The beetle animation only takes up space on one tile, so having it partially hidden in the adjacent texture is normal because the animation of the beetle is larger than the one tile it "occupies".

The same goes for item/world art that takes up more than 1 tile's space - it's why multi's and multiple piece world items (think serpents pillar or the telescope) exist as they do in many parts. If it was just one image, on one tile, it would be graphically overwritten/overlap into other tiles.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I dont think there is a problem to solve. The shadow artifacts from mounts are usually caused by the rain or snow effects on the 2d client. If you do not see this in Sphere or POL its probably because you are attempting to reproduce it when the snow and rain are not present. As for the beetle, this is a glitch caused from tile based isometric rendering, it happens in a lot of games. The engine draws from top left to right moving downward, top to bottom left. Because of this, you sometimes see tile sorting issues on the right side of a graphic that covers multiple tiles.

Hi, guys, I took some time on the test, and it was found out that, when the player is riding on horse or other animals remain shadows,the question is, whether it is possible to raise the Player by coordinate Z +1 or put down
maps on Z -1 in the files of the client or runuo ? It can not be, that it not be corrected....
Guys help me find the original client 7.0.23.1
56.jpg

Last edited:
I can only say for those shards where I played for 11 years, one was closed in 2013 emulyator pol, in another 1 year and there and there was not like this, is nothing more I do not know
Now I decided to try to sort out the files Ultima Online, to customize to fit your needs
but the computer was installed many customers may have some unwanted files and due to this does not work properly I do not know how else to configure all was smooth and beautiful without shadows and glitches

Not remembering and showing proof are 2 different things. I'm betting it occurs in POL and Sphere, today. Maybe it's something in the later clients, and not the older ones, not sure, but I personally fail to see this as a ServUO/RunUO/PlayUO issue, I'm personally unaware of anything that the server can do to cause this problem, seems 100% client side to me.

This problem started with ML/ some mobs with SA also have trails - the UO game client is to blame :)

I would like to ask on this subject , whether it is possible to lift the players when on horseback on z +1 and how to do it and what programs necessary,any file on the client is responsible for these actions in the client whether it is possible to disable the shadow falling on the ground?

Back