Ok I found an old quest I scripted for Run UO I have converted it to work with current Serv UO. Everything is working fine except that players cannot get the quest from the quest giver. But strangely enough my staff characters can get the quest. The keep getting the Don't Offer Conversation.

Here are the files for the quest giver and the quest itself.

Just checked another quest that is coded pretty much the same as my quest and my player cannot get the quest but my staff can. Is there something I am missing as far as the quest system on my player?

Just for kicks I did another test with a brand new player. That player was able to get both quests.

Attachments

• HolyGrail.cs
    3.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KingArthur.cs
    5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Oh, the logic of King Arthur....

line 143 will ONLY be true if the player has NO QUEST active. Otherwise, it sends "Don't Offer" conversation.

Yes I understand that but the players do not have any active quests. So there is some sort of active quest on these players that cannot get the quest. How can I find out what the active quest is on these players? Or is there a way I can work around this?

If you [quests and target the player this should show their quest menu. Or maybe you can remove that section from the the script?

Yes tried the quest command nothing is showing. If I removed that section of script it wouldn't even offer the quest to anybody.

Back