I have just gotten back into free shard servers and am working on making a basic system I made in runuo back in 2005. I figure that by recreating it, it will help me get reacquainted with c++. I don't have extensive knowledge but a basic understanding and I have been making easyuo scripts for years.

My question is about changing cliloc or going around it. I had little problems avoiding it when I made a different type of tribal paint with a different name, but I am finding it more difficult to do in the defcooking.

Code:
index = this.AddCraft(typeof(TribalPaint), 1044496, 1040000, Core.ML ? 55.0 : 80.0, Core.ML ? 105.0 : 80.0, typeof(SackFlour), 1044468, 1, 1044253);
            this.AddRes(index, typeof(TribalBerry), 1046460, 1, 1044253);

1040000 = savage kin paint
1046460 = Tribal Berries

I have tried to add a cliloc using uo fiddler but even though it says that it saved, when I close fiddler and re-open, the cliloc is blank again. I would prefer not to use a cliloc but after searching google and servuo, I cannot find anything about how to do that in the cooking menus. I may not have searched the correct words but I have tried.

I guess I am asking for help to on how to save the cliloc or preferably to change the coding to add the names. If I add a cliloc, will people need to patch to see it?

Okay, now to update for others and probably myself when I forget this at a later date.

I was able to change the cliloc numbers where I wanted to and replace with names inside " "

Code:
ndex = this.AddCraft(typeof(TribalPaint), 1044496, "new item", Core.ML ? 55.0 : 80.0, Core.ML ? 105.0 : 80.0, typeof(SackFlour), 1044468, 1, 1044253);
            this.AddRes(index, typeof(TribalBerry), "new ingrediant", 1, 1044253);

I am still not sure how to save and use new clilocs but will update if I figure it out. :)

When editing the clilocs in Fiddler, saving your changes doesn't build a new cliloc file, you need to use the export function for that.
When you've exported your new file, replace the old one in your UO install with it.

Wow I can be dense, I totally missed the cliloc.enu file in that folder. I had been trying to figure out how to replace the one in uo with the excel sheet. I don't know how I missed it but I did. I am trying not to mess with those, less patching the better but at least I now know how to do it. Thanks!

Back