So.. I ran into some weird problems that I don't really know the source

while logged in with someone else, if I mount a creature and run with it, I'll hear the "runningMounted" sound, and the other person with his client, will also hear the "runningMounted" sound.. but then if I dismount and run, I would hear the "runningOnFoot" sound, but the other person would still hear the "runningMounted" sound, while seeing me running dismounted. (!?) and vice-versa of course, if he mount and dismount.

Now after a while it usually correct itself to the right sound.. so i imagine it is some sort of information that is being sent to the client, but don't really know why it doesn't update on the right moment.

Searched around on the forum, but failed to find any info on it.. if anyone has any idea, I would be really grateful!

running with Time of Legends, client 7.0.55.4 by the way (both, me and the other person)

Yeah... pretty sure foot step sounds are handled client-side as there's an option specifically to enable/disable them.

When you are not mounted, do you have [SpeedBoost enabled? Or any SpeedControl mod?

No =\ i've made sure speedboost was disabled, but tried to enable too and nothing changed anyway
so.. i've made some tests with some other clients and expansions.
I tried to login without the Time of Legends, only with High Seas and client 7.0.34.22, and the problem is still there.
But when i used just Stygian Abyss with client 6.0.1.3, everything was fine.

Also, if (while running on foot with the weird "runningMounted" sound) I manage to get out of the screen of the player who is observing (and hearing the "runningMounted" sound), when I go back to his screen, the sound updates and then it sound like "runningOnFoot" again.

There is also that thing with Time of legends and High Seas with the clients i've tried:

These weird trails, that some times appears. (They also appear when running mounted, but only for the other client that is observing)

(It all seem to me like a stupid noob question, but i really have no idea where to go =\ so thanks for the replys, really rsrsrs)

Attachments

• rastro.jpg
    rastro.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 12
That issue with the mount I've seen for a long time and the only conclusion I can come up with is that the box used to render the player character is slightly smaller than the size of the two sprites combined. (The player's sitting animation plus the animation of the mount) and this leads to clipping on each rendered frame. It's even more apparent if you visit a part of the map outside of the bounds, because the client doesn't attempt to clear and render the background behind your character since there are no land or static tiles.

In earlier clients, you could mount on an invalid mount and still use the sitting animation, in recent clients, you stay standing.

As for the foot step sounds, perhaps telling the server to send a new MobileIncoming packet for your character would fix this, as that is what happens if you go off-screen and enter again - players around you will receive a MobileIncoming for your character. Characters that are on-screen when things change usually tell the server to send a MobileUpdate packet, which is different.

Well it did solve the problem.
Had to tell the server to RemovePacket, and then send a new MobileIncoming whenever the player dismount.. Don't know if that is the best way to solve it, but for now it is solved.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back