Hi Folks,

I am very new to this emulator stuff, coding, etc...

Last week I got as far as creating a private server and logging in to spawn my world but since then I have misplaced my password. Also, is it necessary to have "Admin" as the username? I believe the tutorial stated to do that but I feel like it makes being hacked easier, if I ever even went public.

So, my questions are:
1. How do I reset my password?
2. How (and should) I change my username from "admin?"

Sorry if this topic has already been posted. I tried searching for it as it seems like it would be a common question but couldn't find any related topics.... I might not be using the search correctly though.

Thanks!

You can use any name you want for the admin account (the demo may have just used admin as an example?). How to change the name... I do not know.

You can change the password from the admin panel in the game - but you have to have the password to login.

Maybe someone knows a way to change it from outside the game (in the files). I would suspect you may have to start over?

Thought I had read in the past, you could go into accounts.xml- and remove the account- save it start the server and it should ask you to create an admin account once again.; If this happens enter any name for the account and password

The only way really is to recover an admin password if you have lost access to all other admin accounts (if it's the only admin account) is to generate a new SH1 hash and stick it into the accounts.xml

For example let's say you have an admin account named bob and you want to change its password.

The accounts.xml file would look something like this:
Code:
	<account>
		<username>Bob</username>
		<newCryptPassword>b3-a9-36-de-29-85-5e-31-b7-ec-5b-2f-d7-b9-59-dd-73-70-52-d3</newCryptPassword>

Let's say Bob's password is "password". The password in newCryptPassword is the SH1 hash of "Bobpassword". If you try go to http://www.sha1-online.com/ and type in Bobpassword, you'll get this result when you click "Hash".

b3a936de29855e31b7ec5b2fd7b959dd737052d3

Note that that string is the same as newCryptPassword except in newCryptPassword it has dashes.

So how to recover an account?
  • Take your username (case sensitive as it appears in accounts.xml)
  • Append the password you want to the end of it (Bobpassword)
  • Goto http://www.sha1-online.com/ and enter Bobpassword, click sha-1 hash.
  • Take the result (eg: b3a936de29855e31b7ec5b2fd7b959dd737052d3) and put it into the format AB-CD-EF-GH....
  • Take that result and paste it within newCryptPassword in accounts.xml.
  • Start your shard, you can now log in with the credentials (eg: bob, password)
There are other ways to regain admin access but this is the only way to recover a specific account that I know of.

Thanks, for the responses. I ended up finding the password but this is really good to know. Thank you, helpful people! :)

This really should be pinned or stickied.. A lot of people almost always come back but not always remember their passwords as was my case. This worked for me after I tried the old way of just editing the file like I used to and having it fail. Seems a lot of new safeguards came into place and was shocked to find out old tricks no longer work.

Hi guys, I'm trying with runuo 2.3 , but seems that the encoding is different? I putted the my password on this site
http://www.sha1-online.com/ but not match , I tried all the options but not much too.

my account.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<accounts count="4">

Thanks for you help!
Fred.

Hi guys, I'm trying with runuo 2.3 , but seems that the encoding is different? I putted the my password on this site
http://www.sha1-online.com/ but not match , I tried all the options but not much too.

my account.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<accounts count="4">

Thanks for you help!
Fred.
As I read the instructions above it says to create a new password and put into that website to get it into the correct format and then change your xml file so that it will be using this new password, instead of your old password, then save it, restart and try logging in with your new password.

I have tried to put a new pass but the encrypt is not fixed, if I put the same password "prova" the xml file change the encrypt but the pass is same how I could see.
not to mention that the server can no longer make backups ehehe maybe because the server should me down before to open the account.xml ? bhoo :)

Back