ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
How do you add .VD files to fiddler so you can have the new creature on your server? I have been trying to find info on google and can not find anything and there is a lot of creatures I would like to add to my server!

Attachments

• Brontosaurus.vd
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
How do you add .VD files to fiddler so you can have the new creature on your server? I have been trying to find info on google and can not find anything and there is a lot of creatures I would like to add to my server!
I'm no pro at this and I'm not sure how to add one to a red slot yet. But to replace one here are the steps I've found.

Step 1. under animations down at the bottom is the settings you want to Navigate to. Animation Edit.

step1.png

Step 2. Choose the Animation slot your looking to put the new .VD file into
step2.png

Step 3. here are the animations slots. Like I said I have not added one to the red slots yet or tinkered to add I can only show you how to replace one.

step3.png

Step 4. step4.png
Right Click the slot you want to "import" the new New .vd from. (this can get tricky as the animation might be different if you use lets say a fly movement ect. try to or what ever the animation is doing. Select the new .vd file you wish to import. step5.png

this will replace the animation to the new one. step6.png

Then just save it. the location of the new files will go to where ever your UOFiddler saves are sent to. then just replace the files in your UO Client. I would suggest making backups of the files before you replace them of course. step7.png

Anyway. Hope this helps you at least get started. took me a while to figure just this part out. Good Luck. =)

thank you tons and I will let you know if I figure out how to put them in free slots lol
I got one more question how do you add this to items tab so that you can actually use the new mob do I just export one of the frames and add it that way?

Last edited:
thank you tons and I will let you know if I figure out how to put them in free slots lol
I got one more question how do you add this to items tab so that you can actually use the new mob do I just export one of the frames and add it that way?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Items? Mobs? Items are different and there are a few good explanations on how to add those to Fiddle here on servuo. If your asking how to configure and script a monster with the animation ID, I'm sorry I cant really help you. Like i said I'm no pro and this is all still new to me my self. Unfortunately all i can say is tinker about and trial and error. sometimes you get lucky and find details on "how to" and other times well.. frailer is learning? lol wish i was more help. sorry

it is ok I will tinker with it more later because I can get the step down that you showed me but I can not get it to show up in the animations tab once I reload it so I am going to put it away for a bit and work on other things because this is pissing me off lol!

it is ok I will tinker with it more later because I can get the step down that you showed me but I can not get it to show up in the animations tab once I reload it so I am going to put it away for a bit and work on other things because this is pissing me off lol!
ahh i see the issue. so the animation tab will have numbers next to the name (1) (2) ect. those numbers are the animation that when you go into settings must line up. best way i can describe the edit is its close to maps. each file has X amount of Monsters/Items ect on it. so where ever you put that animation you will find it on the number you put it. that's what you meant by mobs. gotcha. okays making more sense now.29A.png29b.png

Last edited:
Screenshot 2022-12-09 201055.png

ok I can get it to show up in the animation tabs by trying to find new animationsScreenshot 2022-12-09 200952.png

I can add it and it shows up but then I save and exit fiddler reopen go back to the animations tab and it is no longer there
Screenshot 2022-12-09 201028.png
like I said it is just weird you would think it would stay I will keep messing with it because I am sure the step I am missing is simple just have to find it

ok, there are a few more scripts you have to add to get it into the game so I think I am going to stop where I am and work on this when I get more time it is a bunch of steps to get it fully working in the game lol. Because see it is here too but it must be the other files that are not allowing it to stay in the game once I close it and reopen itScreenshot 2022-12-09 203733.png
ok I am done for the night I will be back on tomorrow good night

Last edited:
if your adding and not replacing it. I would think there would have to be a script for the critter? in that case you would have to make up something then call the Id number for that using the Graphic (0x1B) number or what ever it is your calling?

example :
Constructable]
public BaneDragon()
: base("Bane Dragon", 0x31A, 0x3EBD, AIType.AI_Mage, FightMode.Aggressor, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4)
{

see how the 0x numbers are placed? take a look under some of the mobiles im sure it will make sense then. its the same for items.

ok, I got this in there no errors but as soon as I spawn it I crash and when I log back in it crashes me before I can get in only the client, not the shard. I think it is the 2nd thing that is causing the crash is the ID in the item tab for the creatureScreenshot 2022-12-15 161023.png

Attachments

• Diplodocus.cs
    4.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
you will have to look at the mobtype.txt file in your client files see what that is set to if its a monster or animal and what flag it is 32 i do believe is animal which the bronto is set for monster animation which is also called high animation slot. your better off not using anim.mul file and placing new animations in the anim4.mul or anim5.mul and then adding them into the bodyconv.def file to create the bodyvalue you want. im not sure if there is a tutorial on how thats done but if you look at the file and read the top of file there is a desciption of what each column stands for its pretty easy to figure out how things work. Mobtype.txt is very important how the client reads any animation file any of the.muls or .uop files so make sure those are correctly done also

Just looking at my files bodyvalue 32 is a very buggy bodyvalue so never use that bodyvalue for anything tends to crash if you use it for any animation.

Back