I know this is a fairly old thread but i was wondering if anyone can help me with this error. i am running runuo. but this error has had me in a pickle for hours

Attachments

• bandicam 2016-09-24 00-25-59-423.jpg
    bandicam 2016-09-24 00-25-59-423.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 26
This error means you have two versions of the file "QuestLogGump". The error even tells you the location of the files. Find one of them, and remove it. My guess is that after you do that you might encounter more errors, since this type of error is a structural error, and it masks syntactical and logical errors, which may come next.

Lokai is correct :)

This is because RunUO doesn't include Xmlspawner by default. What you're seeing is caused by Xmlspawner's quest system, competing with the Mondain Quest system. Either way you handle this, you will need to find all the scripts that make calls to whichever one you change and update it to use the new name. (If you use a program like Agent Ransack it makes the job easier.)

Basically, what you need to do is rename QuestLogGump in ONE of those files. You could rename it to QuestLogGump2 for example. On the ServUO side, our MLQuestSystem uses MondainQuestGump as the name.

Ok so i attempted to change the file itself and i get the exact same error as before if i delete the file itself i get a enormous list of errors

Yes, because you have to rename QuestLogGump to something else, like QuestLogGump2. I would rename the QuestLogGump in XmlSpawner as everything that references QuestLogGump is right there in those few folders. With RunUO, I'm sure QuestLogGump is heavily embedded in their system.

So, what you could do is open all the scripts in XmlSpawner folder and change every QuestLogGump to QuestLogGump2. Recompile and you should be fine.

So i just found out i had a giant brain fart and i was using a XML for orb so i replaced it with a new version and got this error.
Errors:
+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface member 'Server.ISpawner.Remove(Server.ISpawnable)'
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface member 'Server.ISpawner.HomeLocation'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Please post your entire Xmlspawner2.cs file. Depending on the setup, it should be an easy fix, but you said you're on RunUO, so I have to compare it to a different version.

Here is my xmlspawner2.cs sorry i didn't know what you meant by it and i am sure you don't wanna sit there reading that script for hours on end so i am just going to post it

Attachments

• XmlSpawner2.cs
    515.3 KB · Views: 4
Sorry for a very late reply Work has been a killer and i havent had time to work on the script i got on to see if i would get any kind of error and i got this error.
Errors:
+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/[ServUO.com]-[ServUO.com]-XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0535: Line 38: 'Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner' does not implement interface member 'Server.ISpawner.HomeLocation'
Any ideas?

Perfect fix to that 1 hehe... give me a bit to attempt to fix these if i have any issues i will lets you know :)
Errors:
+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/XmlAttach/XmlAttach.cs:
CS0019: Line 2261: Operator '>=' cannot be applied to operands of type 'System.DateTime' and 'long'
+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/XmlUtils/XmlFind.cs:
CS1061: Line 623: 'Server.Mobiles.Spawner' does not contain a definition for 'CreaturesName' and no extension method 'CreaturesName' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.Mobiles.Spawner' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Engines/MLQuests/MLQuestSystem.cs:
CS0104: Line 651: 'QuestLogGump' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Engines.MLQuests.Gumps.QuestLogGump' and 'Server.Gumps.QuestLogGump'
CS0104: Line 217: 'QuestLogGump' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Engines.MLQuests.Gumps.QuestLogGump' and 'Server.Gumps.QuestLogGump'

Or you can give me a heads up on fixing them i really am not good with fixing XML spawner :p

Perfect fix to that 1 hehe... give me a bit to attempt to fix these if i have any issues i will lets you know :)
Errors:
+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/XmlAttach/XmlAttach.cs:
CS0019: Line 2261: Operator '>=' cannot be applied to operands of type 'System.DateTime' and 'long'
This is a recent change in ServUO's repo. Download the XmlAttach.cs I have uploaded and save it to Scripts->Services->XmlSpawner->XmlSpawnerCore->XmlAttach

+ Customs/XMLSpawner 2.1/XmlUtils/XmlFind.cs:
CS1061: Line 623: 'Server.Mobiles.Spawner' does not contain a definition for 'CreaturesName' and no extension method 'CreaturesName' accepting a first argument of type 'Server.Mobiles.Spawner' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Same as the above, just use the alternate file I uploaded.

+ Engines/MLQuests/MLQuestSystem.cs:
CS0104: Line 651: 'QuestLogGump' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Engines.MLQuests.Gumps.QuestLogGump' and 'Server.Gumps.QuestLogGump'
CS0104: Line 217: 'QuestLogGump' is an ambiguous reference between 'Server.Engines.MLQuests.Gumps.QuestLogGump' and 'Server.Gumps.QuestLogGump'

So, THIS is the "fun" fix....One instance of QuestLogGump needs to be renamed to QuestLogGump2. My suggestion is to go through the files in the XmlSpawner folder and change QuestLogGump to QuestLogGump2. It's easier than changing the core QuestLogGump.

Attachments

• XmlFind.cs
    69.1 KB · Views: 3
  • XmlAttach.cs
    91.1 KB · Views: 1
Ok which needs to be done Rename the file itself or go inside and change everything?
[doublepost=1475336292][/doublepost]OMG got is going THank you so much for your patience with hehe. :) I am really grateful

Back