Joshua submitted a new resource:

Beast Wars - Race Wars

Description of System
This is a Race War system I put together. Was bored one night and wanted to have some race fun but no race scripts (that i liked) were readily available so I tossed this together. It handles 19 races with one entry for None and one entry for GameMasters. You can comment out entries for races to remove them from selection menu's and make them not usable. Maybe in a future release of this I will include a configuration file that allows easy on and off for races....

Read more about this resource...

I think the best part about this style of 'race' changes is it doesn't touch the core and it can apply to any playermobile regardless of the true 'race' they are set too. Human/Elf/Gargoyle. The only reason I went with 'Beast' is to remove the confusion that this doesn't actually touch the race section in Mobile. I want to add in the rest of the races in the beasttoken and grant them skill bonuses, I was also thinking adding in a configuration file for easy on and off on races so editing all the files wouldn't be required to do that. something to look forward to. lol

Was anyone else disappointed by this because they were expecting something relating to Steve Jackson's epic gaming system?

upload_2019-3-5_9-1-30.jpeg

Was anyone else disappointed by this because they were expecting something relating to Steve Jackson's epic gaming system?

No, but I am relieved it's not a helter-skelter scenario.

It's early and I'm not reading things correctly.

how to do you get the all out war part of this to work?

I feel like i am not editing the notoriety like i should be. could you post your notoriety.cs so I can look at it or post a section of it so i can see the surrounding code of where you did the edits in notoriety.cs

Here is the notoriety.cs file with the edits required
Starts on line 521

- Also to note.
While in a TownRegion, it will flag everyone as blue still. That can be changed of course.

Attachments

• Notoriety.cs
    16.5 KB · Views: 4
when I add it to same area you have I get this error

C#:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
 + Misc/Notoriety.cs:
    CS1513: Line 538: } expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

then if I add } on line 538 i get

C#:
Errors:
 + Misc/Notoriety.cs:
    CS1513: Line 539: } expected

then when i add } on line 539 i get this error

C#:
Errors:
 + Misc/Notoriety.cs:
    CS0161: Line 341: 'Server.Misc.NotorietyHandlers.MobileNotoriety(Server.Mobile, Server.IDamageable)': not all code paths return a value

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Attachments

• Notoriety.cs
    18.3 KB · Views: 1
Unless you have any special modifications or are using an older file just replace your notoriety.cs with mine. Mine is based on the most recent distro. I did re test it and confirmed it compiles. What happened is when you merge the data over you moved a return entry and caused a bracket not to return correctly.

Attachments

• Notoriety.cs
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
thanks, i got it to have no errors and compiles but everyone is blue to each other, they aren't flagging as enemy's.
Did you make sure they were not in a 'townregion' ? I will review the Notoriety.cs code further
Post automatically merged:

Replace with this one, I changed the code around to work better. I will update the overview with this as well.

Attachments

• Notoriety.cs
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry was gone most the day hiking lol. I did a quick test and this looks to be working now, or at least the issues i was having seem to be fixed using that notoriety file. after dinner and I get the kid in bed Ill do some better testing.

Sorry was gone most the day hiking lol. I did a quick test and this looks to be working now, or at least the issues i was having seem to be fixed using that notoriety file. after dinner and I get the kid in bed Ill do some better testing.

Sounds good,

I have a lot of updates to this system that have not been pushed forward yet, my job/kids/wife and everything else under the son is knocking at my door right now, so I've only been worrying about lack of functionality at this point. If you have any suggestions, request to the system let me know and I will add it to my list of stuff to do. The next set of features will include a body mod option/ hair/ color of skin/ color of hair, etc.
Post automatically merged:

Warning: I am actively going through all my XML scripts and tossing in null checks which include the edits themselves, however if you decide to remove the system, be sure to undo the suggested edits if you did them. Otherwise errors may be thrown.

Last edited:
Back