One thing that I noticed seems to be missing from ServUO and the XML Spawns used are reagent spawns. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is it just something that was overlooked? Are reagent spawns something that will possibly be added later?

Yes I do understand that I can add or edit spawners to create my own reagent spawns.

Fel and Tram :)
These were released on RunUO as additional spawn maps for Xmlspawner to spawn regs. Sorry, I don't recall who originally posted them as it was before their second to last DB switch (when all old threads were placed in the archive causing broken links).

Unzip
Place in Data folder (Data/Reags)
If using Xmlspawner, [xmlnewload Reags or [xmlload FeluccaRegs.msf or [xmlload TrammelRegs.msf

Attachments

• Reagent_Spawn_Maps.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 124
These were released on RunUO as additional spawn maps for Xmlspawner to spawn regs. Sorry, I don't recall who originally posted them as it was before their second to last DB switch (when all old threads were placed in the archive causing broken links).

Unzip
If using Xmlspawner, [xmlnewload Reags or [xmlload FeluccaRegs.msf or [xmlload TrammelRegs.msf

This is awesome! And it should really be included as a resource here.

Thanks much.

I was able to confirm that reagents still spawn on OSI. I remember in the early days of RunUO there was a script that spawned random regs. This was typically disabled to lower item count and reduce worldsave time (which was a bummer with 2005-era hardware). I also seem to remember OSI disabling reagent spawns when the server item counts were too high.

I have added this to the backlog for ServUO.

I tried to use them, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there another way to make them spawn ?

I finally managed to get them imported.
Assuming the procedure described above, the only command that worked for me was [XmlImportMSF Data/Reags/TrammelRegs.msf etc.

Well, I would say *it works*.
They seem a bit scarce compared to official, and I've encountered some reagents which were movable=false for some reason (fel minoc gate area).
Overall, they do add enough of an original flair, though.

I have successfully imported the maps using [XmlImportMSF Data/Reags/TrammelRegs.msf ect. I saw a bunch of individual setting detects and 0 failures at the end of each. Am I supposed to run another command now? I have ported around my shard and still find no reagents. Thank you for any help.
[doublepost=1503111540][/doublepost]Nvr mind, I found some garlic...
[doublepost=1503111917][/doublepost]Is there a way to increase the number of spawns, this doesn't work for me.

First of all, it takes the first spawns cycle for any regs to spawn initially.

Regarding the number of spawns, you can go bananas about that by editing the msf files with a text editor (or the spawner objects ingame individually with an owner account).
To increase the spawn rate tenfold, replace all occurences of <Amount>20</Amount> with <Amount>200</Amount> and re-run the import command.

If you want to edit a spawner in-game (if you find, it that is), you need to change the values for each reg in the props gump, and don't forget to change the total number to make as well.

Careful though, it seems like increasing the numbers can severely affect world performance.

Excellent, thank you, I had been shutting my server down when not using it, I will leave it up 24/7 and see how often I come acorss regs, edit a bit if not enough, thank you.

I have left the server up 24/7 and have tweaked and retweaked the setting, still getting very few and far between reagents. I also noticed there was a badimport.log file generated every time i loaded the .msf. I could increase quantity but could not go passed 100 on spawn area and range, a percentage value? Does increasing passed 100 do anything? At 100 these values do not cause the log to be generated.

So I found out that the importmsf command actually imports another set of spawners on top of the old ones every time it is called.

try something like this:
  1. type [xmlfind and expand the opening window by clicking on the arrow icon in the bottom right corner
  2. tick the 'name' field and enter something like "reg spawner"
  3. hit the "search" button. you should get a number of results depending on how many times you have imported the spawners.
  4. tick 'select all' in the lower right corner next to the arrow icon
  5. (optional) hit the 'delete' button and import the spawners again (only one time), repeat steps 1-4
  6. hit the 'respawn' button to spawn the configured number od items at once.
I think what happens is that every regular spawn cycle only 1 new item is generated, so it would take a while to fill the spawn up naturally. We might want to adjust that number too, but that shall be a research topic for another day.

err... no?
once the spawners are created they are part of the world and get saved with it like your characters etc.

if you run the command again you will generate additional sets of spawners on top of the existing ones.

Unzip
Thanks. Was hoping to find this.

Back