I am looking through serverlist.cs but I am unable to find the value that I need to change to rename my shard from the default "my shard."

Would anyone mind helping me?

Simply open your config folder.

Find Server.cfg

Right at the top change the My Shard to your shard name.

No need to edit the script.

Yes there is that way that is much faster and easier.... i normally do it the other way but i agree with @Tasanar it is the easiest....
BTW Thank you @Tasanar for reminding me bout that, and i will emend/edit the help/tutorial i posted :) (Used to the old school changes lol)

Thank you all for the kindness and help! I do have one additional question though.

I have set the startup location to be selected by the players upon character creation. It works. What I don't know how to do is to change the starting location from the default "Trammel" to "Felucia." I've managed to delete all moongates to give access to Trammel, but I haven't figured out how to change that dang default starting location.

Solutions? :)

Thank you all for the kindness and help! I do have one additional question though.

I have set the startup location to be selected by the players upon character creation. It works. What I don't know how to do is to change the starting location from the default "Trammel" to "Felucia." I've managed to delete all moongates to give access to Trammel, but I haven't figured out how to change that dang default starting location.

Solutions? :)

from what i remember (Been some time)
but you would change it here in the *\Scripts\Misc\CharactorCreation.cs file

Code:
namespace Server.Misc
{
    public class CharacterCreation
    {
        private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo("New Haven", "The Bountiful Harvest Inn", 3503, 2574, 14, Map.Trammel);
        private static Mobile m_Mobile;
        public static void Initialize()
        {
            // Register our event handler
            EventSink.CharacterCreated += new CharacterCreatedEventHandler(EventSink_CharacterCreated);
        }

should be able to just change Trammel to Felucia

Hope that helps

I checked that, and my code already reads "Map.Felucca" so what do I do? Is there an alternative?

Update:

Under charactercreation.cs, I've found that I could change the "newChar.MoveToWorld" line to become Felucca.

Last edited:
Norman(ServUO Developer) had posted in the past to this question and stated with Young Status player will always spawn in New Haven no matter what
Maybe one of the Developer's would know how to remove young status

I've found a way to make Young Status players spawn at a specific location under the charactercreation.cs, newChar.MoveToWorld line.

Back