There was a way to do this, if you have a new client and you would prefer to see Gargoyle City in all it's glory, but I can no longer find the thread on what I need to do to restore the city. Anyone remember this thread? Or know how to do this?

I wish... I'd like to restore that as well as Magincia and Haven... the whole Island of Haven... with that lovely bridge... I miss it.

I've never heard of a method to restore the old maps. I re-created the old Magincia by hand for Whispering Pines client 7.0.7.1. I exported the entire city from 5.0.9.1 as a giant addon and then froze it into the new map. It didn't grab the floor/road tiles so I placed every one of those by hand! (also frozen into the map file)

I wish... I'd like to restore that as well as Magincia and Haven... the whole Island of Haven... with that lovely bridge... I miss it.
So much this! Magincia was always one of my favorite fishing towns (deep water at the docks). And I still miss Haven. Such a great town before.
Although... I did just find the mine/dungeon in new Haven. I never started a character there, so had not explored enough to find it. If I were to train mining it would be in Minoc anyway, so never saw the one in Haven.

I know this can be done because the first shard I had we did it, I just can not remember how we did it. :(

Thats what I used to do it with.

Here is an example of "old haven" on a "newer" client, might be able to convert it to a UOP file?
I could not find heaven in the map file on the old clients?!? But there is a modified client with it that is still possible to download.

Copying old MUL files from an old client to a newer one that still supports muls is just that -- copy and paste. MUL files used DIF files to specify changes between Tram and Fel. I don't know how to edit those. AFAIK nobody has a working MUL to UOP when it comes to maps.

I had to do Magincia manually because I didn't want to lose any of the other new areas of the map; I just didn't want the destruction for a marketplace our shard couldn't take advantage of (very first RunUO 2.0 release past RC).

Back