Hiyas everyone!

I am just returning to UO and UO Emulation. I used to run a server a LONG time ago using Sphere. With Sphere we had to use a specific version of the client.exe for UO. Not really the installation, but the client it self needed to be a specific version depending on the SPHERE software being used.

Is that still the case or can I just download the "free trial" from Origin/EA/who ever they are now and go from there?

I managed to get everything downloaded and complied from ServUO and downloaded a "free shard" pack from one of the many available player run servers. My ServUO instance seems to accept that and use it to start the server (can't test login from my current location) as it let me create the Admin Account from the command window.

Will this work "as is"?

Thanks in advance!

Also, if someone could point me to a "Getting Started" FAQ or guide that would be great. I looked around, but couldn't find a Starter Package or a page stating "this is what you need to do."

---EDIT--- I managed to find some info about the specific version of Client needed, but can't seem to find anywhere to download said version of the client.

Last edited:
You will need the classic UO Client which should have SA/HS -you should be able to find a free client just do a search online. What free shard pack did you add, would need the name in order to let you know if this would be a custom folder script/scripts

Oh wait did you download the ServUO repo or are you using a server Excelsior which was created being a full server? If so I can't really tell you which client would work if your using a different server, plus you could be limiting yourself

Both actually lol, I didn't have UO on the machine I'm on currently so I downloaded the Excelsior setup and pointed ServUO to that install as my UO directory. It seemed to work lol. I now have "official" UO but guessing that latest client won't work. What version of client should I be looking for? Once I can get something actually running and able to log in I'll be good for a while :) just getting over those first few hurdles.

For ServUO set your Datapath.cs script- once you have the game client open it and copy it
Where you see in Datapath.cs- add your game client path like this where you see
@"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";<<< add your game path here
    1. private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";

You will also need to set your Serverlist.cs script to add your IP

OK, will the 7.0.44.2 client work or am I going to need to "downgrade" and use a different UO.exe to actually connect as a player would?

It should be fine just be sure your Datapath.cs is set correct and your using the newest razor for login

I've a similar question: Since the map0.mul was obviously dropped somewhere along the line ... is there a way to convert a custom map0.mul to that uop file format?
Or do I need to stick with pre-UOP client installs? Does anyone has the 7.0.23 installation, full package?
I can't find a link anywhere ... Thanks!

Edit: I found that one ... 7.0.15 at http://downloads2.atomicgamer.com/d...&key=95bc2f93406e868cce243b169b819564960d125a
But that won't allow me to patch it seems? As Mythic/Broadsword dropped the previous patcher support? And now there is only the 7.0.24 (uop) version to download otherwise? have a 6.0.10 install but that is a bit old ..

What about tiledata changes? I read there are some changes in the tiledata.mul structure too with the uop files? So that won't work with the older mul-editor tools anymore then?

Ah awesome, a package with 7.0.20, great, thanks!
One more problem now. I've got Pandora's Box (3.0.0.5) and it works on my Windows 8 64 bit (relief) but ... it does not detect the client (currently 7.0.15 with Razor removing the encryption). Could you maybe tell me why it isn't detecting the client (I try to travel) or what to do so it does?

No, I haven't managed to get it working, I had another question but that turned out obsolete. So still trying to get Pandora to work detecting the client. How should I point it to the client? It sees the mul files, but it doesn't detect that a client is running.

[set map felucca you could try adding the cords there also like
[set map felucca 1234 4450 0

Back