Hi guys, after doing amount of work with regions and stuff, I wanted to just chill out from ingame things, and wanted to take a look arround for Ridable mounts, goin thru the forum, saw a post about client changes after patch 7.0.5? where tiledata was converted to whatever. (didn't understand the point)
So moving foward, Ridable mounts such as Drakes, Spiders etc... still Do able? Does anyone here have knowedgle about the steps to do it in recent clients ? If you do so, contact with me, i would gladly pay to see the process.

I have a 7.0.15.1 client and custom mounts are a thing of the past. I basically had to overwrite existing mount IDs with any changes I wanted. If you stick to a client before that (you may be right about the 7.0.5) you have a bunch more leeway in this regard. So if you are going to use anything newer, you are out of luck and have to live within the bounds I described.

I have a 7.0.15.1 client and custom mounts are a thing of the past. I basically had to overwrite existing mount IDs with any changes I wanted. If you stick to a client before that (you may be right about the 7.0.5) you have a bunch more leeway in this regard. So if you are going to use anything newer, you are out of luck and have to live within the bounds I described.
Wich changes did you make to the mounts ? just for curiosity.

I put a new kirin animation over the old one. I replaced swamp dragons with a better looking model as well as the giant beetle. I got rid of ridgebacks because they look stupid and put a different animation over the top of that. There were some redundant horses and ostards I could overwrite (because I only needed 1 of each) and put in lions, griffons, hippogriffs, and raptors.

I put a new kirin animation over the old one. I replaced swamp dragons with a better looking model as well as the giant beetle. I got rid of ridgebacks because they look stupid and put a different animation over the top of that. There were some redundant horses and ostards I could overwrite (because I only needed 1 of each) and put in lions, griffons, hippogriffs, and raptors.
So, after all these mods, you don't think is doable for existing mobiles? such as dragons, Navrey etc.

You would have to take a dragon animation...export it...and re-import it over an existing animation like a horse. You just can't make the currently existing dragon rideable with newer clients.

You would have to take a dragon animation...export it...and re-import it over an existing animation like a horse. You just can't make the currently existing dragon rideable with newer clients.
So when you mean, like a horse, i should override just a ridable mount, example: ridgeback? :p Thanks for the helping tho.

Correct. But the animation better be an ANIMAL (L) animation and not a MONSTER (H) animation. So you have to find a "L" animation to put over those mounts and you cannot use an "H" animation. Some shard out there has a riding dragon "L" animation.

The Sylvan Dreams has some of these animations...but they use an older client so they have more freedom to play around. You could download their client and take out the animations with Fiddler.

NewCreatures2.png

Waw!
Post automatically merged:

The Sylvan Dreams has some of these animations...but they use an older client so they have more freedom to play around. You could download their client and take out the animations with Fiddler.

NewCreatures2.png
I should look into tiledata in order to get the graphic extraction? or in animation editor, cause i don't find any dragon mounted with a dummy.

Last edited:
Thank you for this information, I will be utilizing it now.

7.0.7.1 will support new art and it has more SA content if you're going for that era. I integrated almost every mobile in that picture (and some that aren't shown) into that client version.

Unfortunately it was so long ago I can't remember where or how I pointed the animation values to the correct slots. It wasn't with Fiddler; it was another program.

Ahh, that was it -- I just couldn't remember the name. It's funny how things fade away when you don't use them for so long!

I am using the 7.0.7.1 client to create a Chinese server. It has been running well for 6 years since 2015.There are many special mount pets. I will make them. If you can come to the Chinese server, you can find me.

Back