I thought I had my modem/router set up right. But only I can get into my game and see my webpage.

What should I be looking for to have it set up for people outside my network?

I thought I had my modem/router set up right. But only I can get into my game and see my webpage.

What should I be looking for to have it set up for people outside my network?

ServUO runs on port 2593 by default and most HTTP servers run on port 80 by default.

You will need to forward these ports to the local IP assigned to the machine that they are being served from. This IP usually has a lease time and changes after a certain time. This may have been what happened to you if it was working before. You can usually set a local IP to be assigned to a specific mac address so it will never change.

ServUO runs on port 2593 by default and most HTTP servers run on port 80 by default.

You will need to forward these ports to the local IP assigned to the machine that they are being served from. This IP usually has a lease time and changes after a certain time. This may have been what happened to you if it was working before. You can usually set a local IP to be assigned to a specific mac address so it will never change.

We just got a modem/router from AT&T, checked out the menu. Oh my god, I need to call NASA. Then I thought I had it right. Either what you said happened, or I didn't forward them right. Going to check tonight. Thanks.

Back