I don't know how many people are familiar with Djeryv's custom Ruins and Riches shard (previously Ultima Odyssey) but my friends and I have been having a great time playing it.

A few days ago I noticed that the website: ruinsandriches.com where it's hosted with the forums has either gone down, or is unavailable.

I hope that it's not gone. There aren't many places left on the internet where UO players gather, and I was happy to see a new one pop up.

I wonder if anyone has heard anything, or knows what happened with the site?

Djeryv has posted here in the past, so maybe they'll see this. I hope everything is ok. Ruins and Riches was a breath of fresh UO for my friends and I and I'd hate to see it go.

Reactions: Elf
I can't find the files of ruins and riches site does not work this is make me tear inside can anybody help me please? I hope dev is okay aswell cheers :(

I'm sure that copies of the files exist still. But I'd like to wait to hear from Djeryv before I got hunting for them. It hasn't been a week yet, but the site is still down. I'd like to see the last updates that were released archived on here, it was years and years of work.

I have a version that I dated 08 2022, but I'm not sure if that was the last update. I also have a copy of Britian Knights, but I will have to dig for a clean copy of it as he left it.

I would really like to wait to hear from him before posting anything though. I'm hoping that it's just down temporally... R&R got me back into developing UO stuff again, and I've learned a ton from him. There was also good information on how to compile and run the server on Linux too...

I wonder if it was possibly archived on something like wayback? EDIT: Just checked wayback machine and it only scraped the front page, none of the forum content or downloads.

The website is giving a 403 Forbidden error, so that's better than 404... I guess. Maybe he's revamping the forums? (*crosses fingers*)

Last edited:
Does anybody got the last files please? We're doomed
Yes, if you surf in Google you can find them. Problem is people started to open public servers of RR without any changes. Guess this was a problem he just wiped everything

Yes, if you surf in Google you can find them. Problem is people started to open public servers of RR without any changes. Guess this was a problem he just wiped everything
No the sites are down and i really miss soloing ruins n riches damn people suck ;/

The website is giving a 403 Forbidden error, so that's better than 404... I guess. Maybe he's revamping the forums? (*crosses fingers*)
I hope this to be the case. Honestly, the blog for Ruins & Riches was great, too. I loved the little windows into the thought process and origins of some of the systems I was unfamiliar with.

Djeryv is great and I hope the passion he seem(ed/s) to have for Ruins & Riches is present in whatever he's up to these days.

Attempting to jump my May build of Ruins & Riches up to the September release that is posted above to get it going again. Lots of hours of fun in this little gem.

I tried to look up a few of his other accounts that he used to post with on various sites. Some of them are deleted...

I sure hope things are okay.

EDIT: Still no change on the website. I think it may be worth it to archive R&R and Britain Knights here on ServUO at this point. If no one has already done so already.

Last edited:
For those not in the same circles, this thread on reddit that Xurri_ replied to and then Svol commented under has actually found that the files at the Google Drive location are being updated. Check it out here!

Glad there's something stirring again! Short of the magic of reliving a time that will never come again, Ruins & Riches has become the definitive UO experience for me. Hope this will come as good news to others.

EDIT: And a screenshot of the new in-game update notes
LaRuibn.png

Last edited:
For those not in the same circles, this thread on reddit that Xurri_ replied to and then Svol commented under has actually found that the files at the Google Drive location are being updated. Check it out here!

Glad there's something stirring again! Short of the magic of reliving a time that will never come again, Ruins & Riches has become the definitive UO experience for me. Hope this will come as good news to others.

EDIT: And a screenshot of the new in-game update notes
View attachment 21237
This is great news!!! It still doesn't look like the ruins and riches website is back up though. I wonder if there is somewhere new these things are getting posted? Regardless, I'm happy to see that he's still around and fiddling with this. Hopefully we see more soon!

Back