billy submitted a new resource:

Runuo entire Website - runuo

So back in 2017 we all know runuo website was going up and down, well when it was still up. I manage to download the entire website with a program. I figured one day when it goes down for good i will still have all the resources. Well i am now sharing it with all of you and hope you guys can go down memory lane. Idk if your still able to download materials from it or not but somebody can may beable to reverse engineer it and make it a website again with hardly no lost material. i would but...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything recoverable in that package.
It mostly consists of images from the forum cache from people uploading attachments.
Can't navigate or view much of the content because the snapshot was taken as a guest, not a logged-in user.

It's a real shame, I was quite excited to see what could be salvaged.
Thank you for the time and effort in making this package and publishing it public, it's still neat to see the old RunUO site design again.

Reactions: ExX
Same with me Voxpire. I got excited for a minute but quickly found out pretty much nothing works. :(

I can try to search for it, with some luck it might be left on my network in one of the WMware backups of my computer. it was over 1GB file (attachments) and 1.8GB forum text. The add-on library was missing. The data dump had the forum intact Mar 29, 2018, but has been removed. Well, it was decided that it was no interest in old posts back then. The boat might already be sailed now :/

(The image is taken from the conversation back on Mar 29, 2018)

-Grim

KIxcllQ.png

To be honest, there's nothing left over there [runuo.com] worth salvaging that hasn't already been remastered, revised, or relearned here at ServUO with this amazing community.

The last 3-5 years of the lifespan of the RunUO forums was plagued by spam bots and trolls - there's barely anything during that period that's worth digging back up unless you just want to reminisce like when they found all those copies of E.T in a landfill.

Hello Everyone! :)

First let me thank billy for this resource. I think its great that you took the time to backup the webpages. However I agree with Voxpire that there is nothing salvageable within the content to be useful to hobbyists here.

However I have always held the belief that someone, somewhere has the entire website and associated files on a drive. I also find it hard to believe that not one person hasn't downloaded everything there is to download from RunUO as its been around since 2003.

Time to break open your Tor browsers and find the files ;)

Back