Hi everyone.

I am learning about running my own shard and found various scripts that have functionality I would like to explore, learn from and maybe implement.

Most of these are nestled on the defunct runuo.com site and I am not able to make an account to download them for testing.

If someone on this forum has a runuo login, can they download script(s) from the page below?
This is concerning a permadeath/knockout option I was exploring.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/perma-death-system.512540/

Basically, I am looking for on kill, knockout for a short period, where you are lootable, and then you 'wake up' and are alive and have whatever equipment you have left that was not looted. If you are knifed while 'knocked out' it has the same effect as current in game and you are actually dead. Instead of ghosting where you died, you are switched to an identical map in a 'ghost realm' where you reside for eternity, or until you figure out some way to come back. I believe that resurrection on the corpse requires the 'ghost' to be on top of the body? So moving the ghost to another 'world' should prevent the standard rezzing.

RunUO isn't defunct & there shouldn't be any reason you cant make an account. People make them on there frequently. Maybe you have an old account with the same email?

masterofdeath.cs and death.cs are from #6 post

Attachments

• PermaDeath.cs
    3 KB · Views: 25
  • death.cs
    1.7 KB · Views: 20
  • MasterofDeath.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 21
RunUO isn't defunct & there shouldn't be any reason you cant make an account. People make them on there frequently. Maybe you have an old account with the same email?
When I tried to make an account, many times, the captcha portion of the form does not work. It literally would not allow me to make an account and I read in several places that the site is inactive.
[doublepost=1518382918][/doublepost]
masterofdeath.cs and death.cs are from #6 post
Thank you very much. Now to try and convert this thing to version 2,5

When I tried to make an account, many times, the captcha portion of the form does not work. It literally would not allow me to make an account and I read in several places that the site is inactive.
I've notified Admin about the Captcha issue you're having. As for the site being inactive, it isn't. Its slow, but not dead. And if you're getting that from runuo.net, the owner of that site was banned by the owner of RunUO, Ryan. The site isn't dead or inactive.

Hi there,

What username did you use when trying to register, and would you mind trying it again? To be honest, there is often a bunch of users whom their registration fails for different reasons, and I normally dismiss them as spam bots who didn't make it throught the defences, but it's possible that you ended up in that section and I wouldn't have notice.

I am not too sure what's up with the Captcha but I will try to look into it. If you try to register again, just let me know the username you used, and I'll confirm it manually if the captcha is giving you issues.

Well this is pure awesomeness. I tried again to create an account and it worked. Before when I tried submitting, the captcha section went blank when I clicked the button and it gave an error about filling out the captcha section. Worked fine now, and I am on board.

Thanks for all the attention to this issue, I appreciate it.

I am also very happy to hear that the forum is active, as I have had many questions and only saw updates from 3-4 years ago and thought I was out of luck. It will be nice to interact with other sharders to resolve some issues and bounce ideas off of.

Well this is pure awesomeness. I tried again to create an account and it worked. Before when I tried submitting, the captcha section went blank when I clicked the button and it gave an error about filling out the captcha section. Worked fine now, and I am on board.

Thanks for all the attention to this issue, I appreciate it.

I am also very happy to hear that the forum is active, as I have had many questions and only saw updates from 3-4 years ago and thought I was out of luck. It will be nice to interact with other sharders to resolve some issues and bounce ideas off of.
I am most happy things worked out this time!

Looking forward to read your contributions ;)

Back