StaticHex submitted a new resource:

Sacrifice Command - Gives players the ability to remove target corpse for a bit of gold.

A very small which adds 2 commands Sacrifice and the shorter version Sac which allow players to target a corpse and remove it for a small amount of gold (currently set between 6 and 10 pieces). Kind of tossing around a couple ideas as well so this may get updated a bit more over the next few days and I hope people find this useful.

Read more about this resource...

StaticHex updated Sacrifice Command with a new update entry:

Changelog:

• Type checking now done based on Corpse data type; prevents players from naming items "Corpse" to get free gold
  • Now checks to see if corpse belongs to a player before sacrificing. Prevents players from setting up macros to kill, ressurect, and sac over and over to get infinite gold
  • Command now loots corpse before sacrificing it (makes dungeon looting so much faster).
  • Added comments and header to code

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hmm...from this reply and the last; it sounds like you're looking for much more RP based and much less of a utility script. The script I posted is actually a remake of an old sphere server script by the same name which I used to use for the server I was trying to build back in 2005. The main purpose of the script (both then and now) was mainly to remove items from the server and in turn make the server run more smoothly (less corpses = less items to keep track of). I extended the functionality a bit as I was reminded that looting can be a pain and so this way you can both get rid of the corpse and loot it all with one action. I suppose there's probably a better name for the command than 'sacrifice' and there's a joke to that effect:

There are two hard problems in programming: Naming Things, Cache Invalidation, and off by one errors.

That being said, your idea isn't a bad one; although it would be a sort of left turn from the original functionality of the script which was a command not an item. It may be a bit before I circle around to update this as I'm currently mired trying to make a map crawler to handle auto-generating spawn xml files but once I circle around it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an alternate version of this script which is more RP based vs. utilitarian.

Additionally; if you would like, you have my full permission and encouragement to use this script to make a sacrificial knife script yourself. One of the reasons I posted it was hoping my code could help others so please, feel free to use it and I'm not going to get mad at you for altering it or posting your own version of it.

Back