Im trying to have city name then city title UNDER the city name. ( this is from player goverment system) i want it to display 2 different hues like faction player tags, similar to that, city name 1175 hue, and below citytitle 25 hue.

Code:
        public override void OnSingleClick( Mobile from )
        {
            if ( m_ShowCityTitle == true && m_City != null )
            {
                 string text;
                    bool ascii = true;

text = String.Concat("[",this.m_City.CityName,"]","",this.m_CityTitle,"");

int hue = (1301);
                    PrivateOverheadMessage(MessageType.Label, hue, ascii, text, from.NetState);
            }

Andi got a question, how to LIMIT a title lenght? right now 25 characteres are a lot, players end up having a long ass title above their head
govtitel.png

As u guys can see Corrupt Goverment is the City name and ''Pleb'' the title.
Thanks to fisher for the title solution for pre aos servers

Maybe something along the lines of
Code:
text = String.Concat("[",this.m_City.CityName,"]");

text = String.Concat("this.m_City.CityTitle,");
for 2 lines of text. No idea if this will work, but nothing ventured & all that. :D

Maybe something along the lines of
Code:
text = String.Concat("[",this.m_City.CityName,"]");

text = String.Concat("this.m_City.CityTitle,");
for 2 lines of text. No idea if this will work, but nothing ventured & all that. :D

That was the first thing that i tried :) didnt work.

I noticed how to limit the lenght.

Last edited:
Im trying to have city name then city title UNDER the city name. ( this is from player goverment system) i want it to display 2 different hues like faction player tags, similar to that, city name 1175 hue, and below citytitle 25 hue.
try

string cityNameText ;
cityNameText = String.Format("[this.m_City.CityName]");
int hue = (1301);
PrivateOverheadMessage(MessageType.Label, hue, ascii, cityNameText , from.NetState);

string cityTitleText;
cityTitleText = String.Format("this.m_CityTitle");
int secondhue = (300);
PrivateOverheadMessage(MessageType.Label, secondhue , ascii, cityTitleText , from.NetState);

i have a feeling that this might not look right, but trial and error is always necessary [ such as spelling ]

Back