I just created a samurai/ninja character but when I went to use the Samurai abilities I got a message that I need the Samurai Empire expansion.

I never bought that expansion but is it needed for me to use it on my private shard? I can buy it if so, but I thought ServUO would have a setting to enable Samurai Empire?

Look in Scripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs and see what era you're set for. I think I remember you're running another shard's server & client so they may be set at a lower point, like AOS (it would say Expansion.AOS at the end of that line). I think yours may not be new enough to support TOL (Time of Legends) so try setting the value to HS (High Seas) and see what happens.

There is also the chance that the server the files are from just didn't want players to have samurai characters!

I've opened that file and I see several lines with data similar to what you indicated. I'm not sure which one to change?

#region References
using System;

using Server.Accounting;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Services.TownCryer;
#endregion

namespace Server
{
public class CurrentExpansion
{
public static readonly Expansion Expansion = Config.GetEnum("Expansion.CurrentExpansion", Expansion.EJ);

[CallPriority(Int32.MinValue)]
public static void Configure()
{
Core.Expansion = Expansion;

AccountGold.Enabled = Core.TOL;
AccountGold.ConvertOnBank = true;
AccountGold.ConvertOnTrade = false;
VirtualCheck.UseEditGump = true;

TownCryerSystem.Enabled = Core.TOL;

ObjectPropertyList.Enabled = Core.AOS;

Mobile.InsuranceEnabled = Core.AOS && !Siege.SiegeShard;
Mobile.VisibleDamageType = Core.AOS ? VisibleDamageType.Related : VisibleDamageType.None;
Mobile.GuildClickMessage = !Core.AOS;
Mobile.AsciiClickMessage = !Core.AOS;

if (!Core.AOS)
{
return;
}

AOS.DisableStatInfluences();

if (ObjectPropertyList.Enabled)
{
PacketHandlers.SingleClickProps = true; // single click for everything is overriden to check object property list
}

Mobile.ActionDelay = Core.TOL ? 500 : Core.AOS ? 1000 : 500;
Mobile.AOSStatusHandler = AOS.GetStatus;
}
}
}

This one:
Code:
public static readonly Expansion Expansion = Config.GetEnum("Expansion.CurrentExpansion", Expansion.EJ);

but you're already set for EJ -- Endless Journey which is the very latest expansion. You should be able to use every skill in the game. Was I right in thinking you're using someone's existing shard code? Maybe they turned it off in there somewhere.

No - I downloaded ServUO from fresh here last week. I've added a few scripts in the custom scripts folder.
Post automatically merged:

Well that's an odd thing. I changed it to HS and now the functionality works in game! Thank-you for your help and guidance on this one.

Last edited:
Back