I am trying to replace some of the 3D art with the newer UO animations, as I am not a huge fan of the 3D animations. I downloaded Djeryv's Dawn of Ultima client and have been able to extract some of the newer animations from it (balron, daemon, and a few others), but have been unsuccessful in trying this with other clients. Some of these I wish to replace (balron), others to use as boss or champion mobs. I am trying to stick to using only UO graphics. I downloaded the newest UO client and patched it, and have also downloaded UOFiddler 4.6 with UOP support, but when I try to view the animations in the client it gives me only the older animations.

I am searching for a particular .vd animation file, the newer Exodus animation (pic included). There are others that I would like to view/use, but this one particular animation would suffice. If anyone would be kind enough to share this .vd file, or to perhaps guide me in viewing and extracting it myself, or maybe info on what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• exodus-boss2.jpg
    exodus-boss2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 63
I need help importing some .vd. files from the newer uop, enhanced client to an older client. I have tried various techniques and programs but nothing has worked. I am willing to pay, though we will have to discuss the details. Thanks!

We're in the same boat. I can do weapons/clothes just fine but adding mobiles by the old tutorials doesn't work. Scripts load fine and the art shows in mulpatcher and fiddler, but when I add it it is blank.. actually now that I'm thinking , I think you have to edit the bodydefs etc. Maybe that will work.. if not I'm too retarded … yeah that's probably it... retarded. YAY.

We're in the same boat. I can do weapons/clothes just fine but adding mobiles by the old tutorials doesn't work. Scripts load fine and the art shows in mulpatcher and fiddler, but when I add it it is blank.. actually now that I'm thinking , I think you have to edit the bodydefs etc. Maybe that will work.. if not I'm too retarded … yeah that's probably it... retarded. YAY.

Haha, I am sure that is not it. I have actually given up on trying attempting this, and decided to stick to what I have. Another interesting quirk; I extracted the unused and not working Daemon with sword and Troll with mace graphics as .vd and re-imported them in new slots. They show when assigned to a mob, but the animations do not work for some reason. Perhaps bodydefs has something to do with this.

I did the same as you.. replaced a mobile and it worked. I thought I recalled something about having to add to the bodydefs but not 100% sure. Don't want to mislead you.
[doublepost=1547692931][/doublepost]I found a great tutorial Redmoon added awhile back... maybe this can help both of us. I remember using it once but can't remember if I had success.. https://www.servuo.com/threads/how-to-add-custom-animations-to-uo.310/
[doublepost=1547697591][/doublepost]After I followed the tutorial more carefully it worked.. specifically editing the bodyconv.def That was the trick. I used mulpatcher to import it. I hope you have good luck from that tutorial as well and a HUGE thanks to @Redmoon

Dawn of ultima those animations are from World of Warcraft and I don't think I have seen any animations from the new uop file format as of yet anywhere. I have tried several programs which try and extract from the uop animation files with no success. If someone can get a reliable program to extract animated gifs or bmps from the uop files I can easily convert these to .vd files

Dawn of ultima those animations are from World of Warcraft and I don't think I have seen any animations from the new uop file format as of yet anywhere. I have tried several programs which try and extract from the uop animation files with no success. If someone can get a reliable program to extract animated gifs or bmps from the uop files I can easily convert these to .vd files

Aye, most are from WoW, though there are a few from the newer UO graphics, I think from KR, maybe? For example, the new ogre, titan, lizardman, wyvern, wraith, a few of dragons, and a few others. I was able to extract these as .vds, and import them over existing animations. I am not well versed enough to know from what era or expansion they are from, only that only the older animations show up when I use UOFiddler on newer clients. Not sure how these new animations were extracted and imported to custom clients.

Back