Ubuntu 20.04LTS Command line Only
Updated Mono to 6.12.0.107 on 1-20-21
Using make to compile the server

Server compiles, starts, but after 3mins becomes unresponsive and freezes.
Cannot sign in, cannot use "?" to bring up the commands, cannot do nothing.

However, if I compile the server using VS, starts fine, runs fine, does not freeze.
I can sign in, I can use "?" to bring up the commands, I can do anything.
I have been running it for about 90mins without any issue.

Help me figure out why it runs fine in Windows, but in Linux it has problems.
thx.

right click the exe window. i forget what they told me its called but if you click the window at all it causes it to hang freezing it completely until you right click it.

I don't know if your's is doing the same, but I've found my console tends to "lock up" in the regard it doesn't let me type console commands, but the console still loads properly and the server runs. I just live and let live since I rarely have to run Console commands anyways.

I don't know if your's is doing the same, but I've found my console tends to "lock up" in the regard it doesn't let me type console commands, but the console still loads properly and the server runs. I just live and let live since I rarely have to run Console commands anyways.

That sounds great, but after 3mins it become unresponsive. I can't do console commands or even log in.

Ok, here is what I see, ServUO runs fine under windows, but if I run it under linux, once the server compiles, after 3mins it becomes unresponsive.

I been researching for a fix, hopefully someone else might know what to do.
Post automatically merged:

I am NOT using dotnet to build anything.

Last edited:
The same problem on Centos8. How can I run ServUO in verbose mode? Is there option like that?

ServUO: Publication 57
Mono version: 6.12.0.107
Dotnet version: 3.1.111
Post automatically merged:

Reverting from Publication 57 to 56 helps

Last edited:
I fixed my problem, it was because I copied only *.mul files.
For proper compilation I uploaded to server full client (I use 7.0.50.0).
I am currently working on publication 57 and CentOS8.

Steps:
1. Clone git repository
2. Install dotnet-runtime and dotnet-sdk (3.1)
3. Isntall mono-complete (6.12)
4. Checkout your project to branch/tag publication 57 (git checkout tags/57 -b publication-57)
5. Run 'make' command
6. Optionally install tmux

Removing packages with sudo apt purge ... or sudo apt --purge remove ... will remove them and all their global (i.e., systemwide) configuration files. This is usually what people mean when they talk about completely removing a package.

Back