ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
As most of you know, I am an advocate for using Linux to run a server. However, since dot net files are like a stubborn animal and only likes to work when they want to, I decided at one time to switch over to windows. When I did, I did get a server running without any problems, and things were good. Then I started talking to a friend of mine on here, and we started talking about Linux again, and I switched back. Had problems with the dot net files, getting the server to compile and work correctly, so I came up with this glorious game plan, that I was going to run the server under Linux, but build, compile, and add packages to it using Windows. With that thought in mind, I switched over to Windows with plans to run a VM of Linux for the server.

Why the long paragraph? A little background as to why I am doing what I am doing.

Now I have a home pc, which was an old server that I got from work, running 2 1.6mhz Intel Xeon cpus, 32gb of ram, on a 64bit operating system, running Windows Server 2019.

The problem I am having is this, when I start the server everything is fine, after a a couple of minutes it becomes unresponsive, it freezes both in the console and in game. Sometimes it freezes before I can log in. Any help would be much appreciated. thx.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * E D I T * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Apparently, when it does freeze, it lists whatever I inputted into the command shell, when I stop the server in the console window by using ctrl+c, it sends an output of " 'save' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file ". So no idea what is going on there. Just thought I would mention it.

1702438210743.png

Last edited:
Not certain as we do not use that system on Unchained but Im sure a simple search in your coding software will tell you ;)

Back