Hello it started happening yesterday, suddenly out of nowhere, the runuo.exe application stops working and i have to close it. My server have been running for over a month without any issue, until yesterday, i havent made any change recently

ive found in google stuff about Windows Media Center, i disabled it, not sure if it helps

ive tried reinstalling netframework, still have the same issue

The server hangs RANDOMLY i lack of knowledge so i cant figure this out by myself thats why i come to you guys asking for help.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: server.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.2.6685.39769
Problem Signature 03: 5adba7a2
Problem Signature 04: Scripts.CS
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5b073db5
Problem Signature 07: 7d37
Problem Signature 08: 1
Problem Signature 09: System.StackOverflowException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Update1: Right now the server goes not responding and i have to close the server.exe and open it again.

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Last edited:
Problem Signature 09: System.StackOverflowException
Most likely you have a looped program somewhere, which is working endlessly, as there is no checks to stop it.

for exmaple:
Code:
while(true){ } - and you have some problem.
or:
for (int i = 0; i < someCollection.Length;)
{
}
or:
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
//some logic;
i = 0;
}
and any...
all these examples will lead to the same problem.

try this guide:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...of-a-stackoverflowexception-in-my-application

Catching and debugging a stack overflow can be difficult, but it's not impossible to trace them.

You will need to use Visual Studio's debugging, and it would help a lot if you know what kind of game-play actions can trigger the overflow, otherwise you have to simply wait until it happens.

Visual Studio can break (pause the code) when a stack overflow is detected, but this is not enabled by default...

upload_2018-5-29_18-24-14.png

Under the Win32 Exceptions node, make sure the box is checked like so;

upload_2018-5-29_18-28-25.png

Then when you run in debug mode (using the green play button in VS) - you can browse the stack trace while the exception is breaking.

What you may notice, is in the Stack Trace window (outputs), there will be many repeated method calls. At least now you will have a specific method, or method group, shown to be looping and can then diagnose from there.

Back