ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
My server has been running great for about a week or two now. Last night before i went to bed I backed up the data by copying the data directory and the backup directory (not sure if it's related ). Today when i tried to log in i can't and get the following error in the console. I tried to recopy the server directory, but still get the same error. There are no compile errors only the runtime error. I'm wondering if my data files got corrupted possibly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Server.World.ReadTypes(BinaryReader tdbReader) in C:\ServUO\Server\World.cs:line 210
at Server.World.Load() in C:\ServUO\Server\World.cs:line 339
at Server.Core.Setup(String[] args) in C:\ServUO\Server\Main.cs:line 644
at ServUO.ServUO.Main(String[] args) in C:\ServUO\Application\ServUO.cs:line 10
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I'm wondering if my data files got corrupted possibly?
That would be my guess. No clue how/why that would happen just copying the files over, unless maybe it was saving as you copied them or something like that.

If you have other/older backups, you could try restoring from another copy (I'm sure you probably thought of that already)

I am unsure of how to fix a broken save, if there even is a way. Sorry that happened to you!

That would be my guess. No clue how/why that would happen just copying the files over, unless maybe it was saving as you copied them or something like that.

If you have other/older backups, you could try restoring from another copy (I'm sure you probably thought of that already)

I am unsure of how to fix a broken save, if there even is a way. Sorry that happened to you!
I do have a copy of the "Most Recent" directory from the Backups folder. How would i go about restoring from that?

Make sure server is stopped, remove (keep a copy somewhere *just in case*) everything in the Saves folder, then copy all the stuff in that Most Recent folder into the Saves folder, then start the server back up
So there are only three directories in the Save folder, but the Most Recent Backup folder has 13 folders as well as 3 .bin files. Should I copy the entire contents of the backup folder or just the folders that are already in the saves directory?
Make sure server is stopped, remove (keep a copy somewhere *just in case*) everything in the Saves folder, then copy all the stuff in that Most Recent folder into the Saves folder, then start the server back up
went ahead and copied everything and it looks like im good to go now. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Back