I had the server up and running with no issues until today, I had no users online and when the server went tp auto save, it crashed and said it failed to write. So I checked permssions, read-only etc, this account has full control of the server reset permissions to full control just to double tap, and restart the server to get this

Server Crash:
ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 7273.32764 - Build on 11/30
/2019 6:12:08 PM UTC - Release
Core: Optimizing for 24 64-bit processors
Core: Compiled for .NET MONO/CSC/Unknown
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Verifying...
Finished (5780 items, 1353 mobiles, 3 customs) (2.64 seconds)
DataPath: D:\uoclassic
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
Error:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I am at a loss, it was working then out of nowhere, this. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get my server back up and running asap. I was not modifying anay scripts or even working on the server when it crashed.

Thanks in advance
Post automatically merged:

Ok I had to go 3 backups back to get the server to start up. Now I'm trying to figure out what caused it to not write and crash :-/

Here is the server crash report:

Crash Report:
Server Crash Report
===================

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 7273.32764
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 1/6/2020 8:19:31 PM
Mobiles: 43960
Items: 213369
Exception:
System.IO.IOException: I/O error occurred.
   at Server.FileOperations.OpenSequentialStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Server.SequentialFileWriter..ctor(String path, SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.ParallelSaveStrategy.OpenFiles()
   at Server.ParallelSaveStrategy.Save(SaveMetrics metrics, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
   at Server.World.Save(Boolean message, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
   at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

Last edited:
Nearly a month? Or actually a literal month? Just asking in case something scheduled like veteran rewards could be a part of it??

Nearly a month? Or actually a literal month? Just asking in case something scheduled like veteran rewards could be a part of it??
it was up for 22 days, i got it back up for a little bit, then it crashed again, now it freezes every time it auto saves on the "World Saving..." line

idk whats going on with it, it was working flawlessly until today

Do you have the StaffRunebook scripts installed on your server? I know it was causing an issue similar to this for some other people back a while ago. So if you do you might try removing it and see if it fixes the issue.

Do you have the StaffRunebook scripts installed on your server? I know it was causing an issue similar to this for some other people back a while ago. So if you do you might try removing it and see if it fixes the issue.
No, I disabled all the honesty stuff (Virtue and items) to see if it makes a difference, i have seen issues issues with that system in the past on this forum

hopefully thats all it is, at least then it will be narrowed down

from what it looks like its a corrupt save, wich makes it feel like you closed the server as it was saving.

Copy a save from the latest backup folder

from what it looks like its a corrupt save, wich makes it feel like you closed the server as it was saving.

Copy a save from the latest backup folder
I thought that too, but It crashed during a save, i had to go back a few saves to get it to run, then it froze while saving. I turned the honesty system off and the server has been up for about 4 hours with clients connected. I think something in the honesty system got corrupted but i'm not sure what.

well it probably isnt frozen, just that it is spawning all the honesty items, wich takes some time.

well it probably isnt frozen, just that it is spawning all the honesty items, wich takes some time.
Yea its definitely something with the honesty system. It ran for a long time with no issues, average save time was .4 seconds until yesterday after a few hours it hung for an hour. something in the honesty system is messed up. I have a backup from when everything worked before, I'll combine that with the new saves and see if the problem arises again. Its been running for the past 17 or so hours with no issue so far with honesty turned off, save times are about 0.32-0.34 seconds each time.

What files are used for the honesty system that I could look at to see differences and maybe figure out what happened?

Have you made edits to any files? Or added any files?

I run an up to date servuo shard with up to date client and have no problems(with very few customs or edits). I would think it would have to be some file you've added or edited, if it's a problem other than closing during a save.

As far as I know there is no way to corrupt the server files with out actually editing them. The save files on the other hand can get corrupted by file edits or shard shutting down during a save.

its basically all in the honesty.cs I could imagine that somehow it either took a while on your end (very possible) or it locked up.

Have you made edits to any files? Or added any files?

I run an up to date servuo shard with up to date client and have no problems(with very few customs or edits). I would think it would have to be some file you've added or edited, if it's a problem other than closing during a save.

As far as I know there is no way to corrupt the server files with out actually editing them. The save files on the other hand can get corrupted by file edits or shard shutting down during a save.

not in the last month, once I made a test quest (to learn how to make a quest) it basically stayed up with no edits. The only customization isskill caps, The server wasn't shut down during a save, I never just close the server window and no one has access to the server but me (its locked in my office at home no remote desktop)

I'm thinking there may be another issue in the honesty system when it does its checks during auto save. Using the [save command from the admin client account would always freeze the server so i never used that command, but that fact along with this autosave lockup after 22 days are leading me to believe there is something more going on. I have not had the server freeze/crash since turning off the honesty system. yesterday it would make 4-5 saves normally then freeze on the next one.

Last edited:
Server is still stable with honesty turned off. I'm going to rummage though the honesty system between the non working and working and see if i can find anything. no promises, I'm not very good at coding lol

Back