Hi,

as i see my server files are a bit older on my running shard. (iam using the grove shard provided from jase as basic for my friends and family shard).

Do i have to update the files manually or is there a way to do it automatically? (like merging)

How does this works?

Given that your shard has so many custom scripts and that it wasnt setup with git you will probably have to do a manual merge. BeyondCompare is excellent for this because you can do entire folder comparisons rather than doing a file by file check. It will still likely take a lot of work but it can be done (i just did the last 1 1/2 yrs worth of updates to mine with beyondcompare). It took me a few days to do mine @ about 3hrs a day but your shard may be more up to date than mine was. Either way theres some good updates done in the past few months so its worth it.

Just a tip -- make sure if you use BeyondCompare that you do a rules-based comparison. When I did mine it was by default using a binary comparison and it was showing that every single file was different due to them being a slightly different size even when they had no actual textual changes. Once you pull up the folders for comparison in BeyondCompare, select all the files you want to compare and right click----->Compare Contents----->click the "rules-based comparison" radio button and hit OK. That should actually check the files for differences rather than just comparing the file sizes of each.

Back