I've always used ServUO, I have never had this problem. Can someone please help me?

Every time I try and start the server I will get to the (Create Owner Account Y/N) Once I put in the stuff. It will not go thru and the Server won't start here is some screenshots maybe someone can help me. Thank You!

1594099617633.png

Definitely a error in the HouseTeleporterTile.Initialize() method, looks like the scope of the array was exceeded! Meaning it called for 5 when the array only goes to 4 values, for example!

The question is, is this a fresh copy of ServUO or has it been modified with custom scripts?

If the path to the client files is correct then you're down to 2 issues:

1) If it's the current ServUO, it is designed to work ONLY with the latest client and features. If you want to use a 5.x client you'll likely have to go with a previous version of the server. I'm not certain but they may have already removed MUL file support from the current server base.

2) Check these variables in /Misc/MapDefinitions.cs:

Code:
            TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0

In your case you would want the first value TRUE (client prior to 6.0.0) and the second value FALSE (since you're not client 7.0.9 or newer)

@GoldDraco13 yes you found the right spot and what part crashes, it has nothing do to with customs / mods though

@Milva its exactly that

@Falkor well yes it is the client version, even if he would alter the mapdefinitions the crash would happen

for it to be fixed, you need to go into the HouseTeleporterTile.cs

and replace the Initialize method with this
C#:
        public static void Initialize()
        {
            if(TileData.ItemTable.Length >= 0x574A)
            TileData.ItemTable[0x574A].Flags = TileFlag.None;
        }

and now it does not matter what client version you use, it wont crash since it wont try to set a property of an object that does not exist

Back