I tried changing my AutoSave.cfg to save only once a day but it's still trying to save every 5min...

Any ideas? I did a "shutdown" through server prompt, made changes, saved, started server again, still saving every 5min.

Did you make the change in Config/autosave? if so you should post how you did the change
Might consider doing more then 1 save per day, if you have a crash and need a back up save, your players will be pretty upset with loosing almost a day of what they have done :)

Hey Milva,

\Config

# If true, the world will be saved automatically
Enabled=true

# The frequency between saves
# Default: 5 minutes
# Format: dd:hh:mm:ss
Frequency=00:24:00:00

# The time before the save to warn players
# Default: 15 seconds
# Format: dd:hh:mm:ss
WarningTime=00:00:05:00

Change made using Notepad++

Only doing the once a day as "proof of change", eventually I'll update it to every 2 hours or something when I actually have players :)

I got mine set for every 10 min and the longer you wait to save the longer it might take because the server is saving everything that happened in the last 2 hours or 1 day. that's what I learned.

The problem is, I'm not seeing my changes honored, I don't plan to leave it so large, and of course will require testing, but as "proof of concept" I'm trying to get it to recognize my "24hrs" setting and it's not :'(
Post automatically merged:

Changed the file with notepad instead of notepad++ and now it seems to be honoring the change.......... very strange

Last edited:
Back