Anyone able to help with this? I would love to add this to my server but I haven't found anything that works yet.

Thanks!

Of course you'll need a client new enough to have these multis.

My ServUO code is about a year old and I really don't want to update everything after finally getting so many scripts merged to my liking. Instead I worked on adding the new foundations and I think it was just a matter of adding this to HousePlacementTool.cs (around line 409):

Code:
            new HousePlacementEntry(typeof(HouseFoundation), 1060384,    2119,    1059,    2437,    1218,    42,    187000, 0,    10,    0,    0x147B), // 18x18 3-Story Customizable House
            new HousePlacementEntry(typeof(HouseFoundation), 1158538,    2625,    1312,    3019,    1509,    78,    525000, 0,    10,    0,    0x147C), // 23x23 3-Story Customizable Keep
            new HousePlacementEntry(typeof(HouseFoundation), 1158539,    4076,    2038,    4688,    2344,    78,    525000, 0,    10,    0,    0x147D)  // 32x32 3-Story Customizable Castle

The two new lines go under the old 18x18 entry, and be sure to add a comma after 0x147B), in the old entry.

Then in HouseFoundation.cs:

Code:
change

m_PlaneBuffers[i] = new byte[0x400];

to
                    m_PlaneBuffers[i] = new byte[0x1156];

That gets me 99% of the way there. I can add and customize the new plots with no problem. Deleting the plot seems to leave "a ghost" of parts of it on my client until I completely exit it and restart. I don't have the issue with regular castles so I'm not sure what's causing that.
Post automatically merged:

Oops, forgot PyrO's edit for HousePlacement.cs:

Code:
change

if (multiID >= 0x13EC && multiID < 0x1D00)
    HouseFoundation.AddStairsTo(ref mcl); // this is a AOS house, add the stairs

to

if ((multiID >= 0x13EC && multiID < 0x1D00) || (multiID >= 0x147C && multiID <= 0x147D ))
    HouseFoundation.AddStairsTo(ref mcl); // this is a AOS house, add the stairs

Last edited:
Thank you so much. Ill give it a go!

So when I try and place one the house placement took is working, the preview looks good but when you accept it it places a sign post in the middle of where the plot would be. Any ideas? 137341373513736

Thank you so much. Ill give it a go!

So when I try and place one, the house placement tool is working, the preview looks good but when you accept it it places a sign post in the middle of where the plot would be. Any ideas?

Last edited:
How old is your version of ServUO? I forgot that these new multis are not in the old MUL files but in the new UOP, and that required further editing of the core scripts to get the server to see it.

Your client can see the preview image because it recognizes the multi value being passed to it. The server sees nothing in that slot so you get no foundation when you commit.

Build numbers are different for everyone - depends on how many times you've compiled your core.

My code base is from April 2018 (says Build 7098 if it's useful.) I edited a couple of core scripts so I could use newer gumps and I updated MultiData.cs to be able to use multis from the new file format. I've attached that MultiData.cs file if you want to try compiling your core with it, and I'm also providing my compiled exe if you'd like to give it a try that way. Either way be sure to copy your existing files first so you can always switch back!

I also forgot a minor edit to PreviewHouse.cs that will be useful once you get the server to see the new multis.

Change
Code:
if (multiID >= 0x13ec && multiID <= 0x147b)

to

Code:
if (multiID >= 0x13ec && multiID <= 0x147D)

Attachments

• MultiData.cs
    28.3 KB · Views: 30
  • ServUOexe.zip
    310.1 KB · Views: 11
I was able to load the server replacing the multidata.cs, after that I tried using your compiled exe and received this error. I'm a pretty new to all of this so I'm clueless!

Just Kidding! After running the server in debug I was able to start right up!

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
My exe is compiled from code prior to the DeleteConfirm function being added, so this MultiData.cs and compiling it with the rest of your existing core is probably the best way to do it.

So you have the new plots working properly now?

I'm looking to see if I can get this working myself. I implemented the above changes. I get the same result when replacing my MultiData.cs file. I don't see the house name appearing in the placement tool menu correctly, just an error message. Then when attempting to place the house, all I see is a house sign post in what I would guess would be the middle of the house.

Would this be because I'm not running the most recent UO version? UO version 7.0.23 and ServUO version 0.5. If it's the UO version, could I get a more recent version and take the mul/uop files from it?

If you're running a recent ServUO publish, roughly after September 2018, then all you need is a client that has the multis in the UOP files. You can copy the UOP files from a newer UO client into an older one and it'll read them with no problem.

Don't forget cliloc.enu for all the text strings!

Errors:
+ Multis/HouseFoundation.cs:
CS0266: Line 1980: Cannot implicitly convert type 'int' to 'Server.TileFlag'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

is error i am getting

and am getting after putting the multidata.cs file in my server

Last edited:
Back