So I've been learning and tinkering around. I figured I'd try my hand at adding some new weapons. It works, I got the graphics in, scripted an item, but the special attacks are acting as if I have nothing, and when I double click on them they enable and immediately disable........ No idea what I did wrong or didn't do. Any ideas?

1607347584797.png

I started with the base katana script and then just added/edited. No clue why it doesn't give me the double strike and armor piercing abilities.

Attachments

• Elucidator.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 12
Can't do it -- the client overrides that too. Oh sure, there's a mechanism where you can specify the moves but nope, not going to happen.

Any non-default weapon will get the Paralyze and Disarm specials (fist defaults).

What most people do is build a custom move system on top of the stock one to allow for some new moves on new weapons.

You can also replace weapons with new art and use their special. For instance, you could import new gump and item art over Elven Spellblade, and your new weapon would have Psychic and Bleed.

Back